Darryl Williams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
psau14 said:
Williams & Inness - arguably the best centre pair of my time.

Fulton and Lyon are best pair I have seen.

And they played together as often as Innes and Williams.

I find it funny when people mention lack of business skills as why a person might miss a job.
My advice to people that are just entering the work force get a job at Macca's or Hungry Jacks (or what ever it is in NSW) you will gain people skills not only this conflict resolution as well - most future employers know this, I picked mine up from pulling beers at a local bowls club.
It does my current managers head in how I converse with everyone from the Derek that pushes the broom around to the CEO of the company and I have let them know many times that my first job was pulling beers at a club

Darrell Williams is not actually on the board of either the Leagues or Football Club but is the representative of the Leagues Club on the board of the Sea Eagles.

Darrell is also able to represent and give a voice to past players and also the existing squad as he has a good relationship with both groups and appears to be well respected.

He is a former first grader for us (1987 – 93) and played 93 games (including the 87 final which made him the first kiwi to appear in an Australian GF).

He is a former NZ rep (1989 -92 including the 88 World Cup final) and selector for the side and was also coach of Samoa for a while (2000 world cup)

He was on the NRL judiciary panel that suspended Cameron Smith (BOOOO!) in the lead up to the 2008 GF – which of course ended with a fine of $105,000 (plus costs) for Bellyache and Wally Waldron for their comments as a result.

More recently he is currently Vice President (Northern Districts) of the Men of League http://www.menofleague.com and is also the lead and active manager of the Sea Eagles Old Boys Association (SOBA) which works to help former players keep in touch with the club and other team mates and encourages their attendance at games, club events and charity functions (He was a very good MC at a first grade reunion that was held just at the Leagues Club just before this years GF)

So, he has a solid football background (“been there and done it”) plus has the senior admin background and is respected for giving back to the game.

As someone mentioned above is a good guy to have a chat with but, more importantly, is a good club man and involved for all the right reasons.

Matabele said:
Thank you Vidmar. Still not much detail on his most recent employment history.

How 'recent' do you want? When does it become relevant, or not?

We've just gone through the most turbulant time in almost a decade and you want to question this appointment?

If you wish to understand why some like myself aren't interested in posting often in this forum, take a look in a mirror.

Vidmar - I thought that the the Leagues Club already had someone appointed to the board of the Sea Eagles? Has he replaced someone?

Do you know at all if sacking Des triggers Foran's get out clause?

Also it seems that we have retained Singe, Rickerback and Warwick but lost cleal and Badel to the dogs. It seems very strange that all of their contracts expired this year(or appeared to) and that we didn't have any of them signed long term. Do you know if that is correct and was that des' doing?

Matabele said:
Did I say there is a problem? I'm just intrigued to find out what his credentials are.

Sounds like the same questions re. Lowe's appoint. Didn't do a bad job for a cabbie. Same could be asked what credentials did Zorba have when he was appointed media manager.

If we are going on recent employment history, next he will be saying we can't have Zorba on the Board.

His most recent employment history involved being sacked from his job and being described by a then senior colleague as "unprofessional and doesn't know what he is doing".

More serious quesion Vid or anyone:

How are the representatives of the FC and the LC on the MWSE board selected?

Darrell isn't on the LC board but is the rep on the Manly Sea Eagles Board - interested in knowing how that works. Also if MGT is the FC rep on the board, how is that decided?

Are the board members coopted by the various groups to act as a representative?

manly joe said:
If we are going on recent employment history, next he will be saying we can't have Zorba on the Board.

His most recent employment history involved being sacked from his job and being described by a then senior colleague as "unprofessional and doesn't know what he is doing".

I may be wrong but don't think Zorb can sit on the MWSE board due to the family tie up with the Penns. Please correct me if I am wrong?

If Reilly can have direct influence with 3 members then there should be no problem for Zorba to sit on the board due to conflict of interests.

I do think there is a conflict of interests there so neither should get 3.

My guess is the Leagues Club and also the Football Club can put forward whoever they please as their nominees on the Sea Eagles board.

As to Zorba's family ties with Penn, I don't see the problem. If he failed to use his voice on the Sea Eagles board in accordance with FC policy he'd soon be removed.

I feel any serious discussion can use an injection of humour.

So.......did anyone spot that Darrell worked in a bottle shop and his other role at SOBA.

Canteen Worker said:
Zorba has only been elected on the FC board and is already on the LC board. He is not on the board for MWSE!!!

It's complicated isn't it...

after the current coaching debacle and the clear issues with management / people management there is a need for professional talented people in all areas

I do not know williams apart from his playing days - the club needs more than 'good blokes' to move it forward

Lets hope this is the case

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4