Darious Boyd to Brisbane

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
Sorry to all you computer techs I can't download an article yet.

But news.com.au is reporting that Brisbane is freeing up $1million to resign DB.

Wasn't it the same DB that trashed a motel room in Cessnock? Was that a cry for help or a hope that Newcastle would sack so he could return to Brisbane keeping his bromance alive with Bennett? :huh:

I also wonder if the Broncos are under the cap.

The question is who are the bongoes going to give up and can you get them cheap (i.e. with the bogons paying 50K under their cap)

Darius has the get out clause in his contract. So he didn't need to be sacked.
As the HSG collapse voided all Knights Contracts, all of them could leave.
Scott however, was extended till 2017 this week.

Kennedy, Barba and others that Benny doesn't want, will free up the Cap for Darius. :cool:

The Cap interviews today may unearth more issues at the Broncos :)

Daddycool08 said:

But news.com.au is reporting that Brisbane is freeing up $1million to resign DB.

Wasn't it the same DB that trashed a motel room in Cessnock? Was that a cry for help or a hope that Newcastle would sack so he could return to Brisbane keeping his bromance alive with Bennett? :huh:

Wasn't Boyd there with Teo in that room with that girl when Teo gave her a black eye or two- allegedly-

HappilyManly said:
Darius has the get out clause in his contract. So he didn't need to be sacked.
As the HSG collapse voided all Knights Contracts, all of them could leave.
Scott however, was extended till 2017 this week.

Kennedy, Barba and others that Benny doesn't want, will free up the Cap for Darius. :cool:

The Cap interviews today may unearth more issues at the Broncos :)

Bennent, Boyd and Hannant have the same manager. Where do you reckon boyd and hannant are going to play next year?

And I hope they do- Boyd is a myth and Hannant is an unsettling influence.

Anything to bring the broncos down will be good.

Apparently want him to play 5/8, Milford full back, Hoffman on wing and shopping Barba to other clubs.

All this in the midst of a salary cap investigation ??

Chip and Chase said:
Apparently want him to play 5/8, Milford full back, Hoffman on wing and shopping Barba to other clubs.

All this in the midst of a salary cap investigation ??
Darious was admitted to a mental health clinic and it now seems Bennett has lost the plot as well

Milford contract being investigated.

I'd say Bennet will be be keeping Hoffman as fullback, Milford deal null and void, Bar ba gone and Bennett's lovechild to 5/8. And Hannant to stay - Kennedy released.

Broncos to finish tenth again next year.

Daddycool08 said:

They've never been under the cap. They are just finally being caught.

If anyone seriously thinks that Darius Boyd can go from a fullback/winger to suddenly having the brains to play 5/8 they are kidding themselves. The difference between him and someone like Lockyer or even Barba is that they played a lot of their junior football in the #6 jumper and its just a matter of re-adjusting. For a career outside back like Boyd, suddenly playing in the front line will be very difficult. I just don't think he has the skill or the football brain to do it.

If Bennett's plan does include his love child playing at the Donkeys next year and the rumours are true that Barba will be looking for another club, then they'd be better off with Boyd at FB, Hoffman on the wing (or vice versa) and Milford at 5/8.

Sounds fine: under-achieving Queenslander with mental issues heading to the Broncos on this, the dawn of the era of their fall from grace.

Every Broncos loss is sweet to see, here's hoping they continue to populate the bottom half, third & quarter of the NRL ladder more and more over the next several years - we can rejoice that we can experience it, with Boyd rejoining in the midst as the icing on the cake.

Not sure you can class Boyd as under achieving. Two premierships (2006 & 2010), 21 Origins (6 series wins), and 17 tests including winning the 2013 RLWC suggests he's been a high achiever in the game.

HoldenV8 said:
Not sure you can class Boyd as under achieving. Two premierships (2006 & 2010), 21 Origins (6 series wins), and 17 tests including winning the 2013 RLWC suggests he's been a high achiever in the game.

True. But I do like Matty Johns' comment about him last month.
"Everybody tells me Darius Boyd's a good bloke...but he does a good impersonation of an arsehole."

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6