[Resurrected] Darcy Lussick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gould mentioned something in commentary about how contract negotiations may have caused a drop in Lussick's form this season.

Trouble with a return to form is that it could be a sign that his future is settled and that it may not be with us.

He did play well and I'd love to keep him. He's a local, a Manly junior and shouldn't be playing anywhere else. Same goes for Oldfield. I still hope they both stay.

Just watching the replay of his try last night and the thing I always like to see, is all the other players rush to congratulate each other after a try. As that was his first in the top grade the players knew it and we're genuinely excited for him.

We hear a lot about what a tight group they are and it's scenes like that and the smiles on the players faces that are great to see.

I thought he played quite well tonight and his performances have looked better recently with less dropped ball. Still not at the level consistently enough but he's young and should keep improving. (Comparing him to Joe G is a bit mean cause Joe is awesome).

What I do know, is I'm getting tired of losing young forwards like JWH, Tasi, Williams, Lussick & co. It will inevitably bite us on the bum when our statesmen retire, and we are left with toilers like Mauro, Harrison & co (who ARE solid in their own right, don't get me wrong).

I think we'll find as these players go, Foran / DCE will slowly end up getting more and more pressure, and less time to do things.

How many teams can boast the quality of players like Snake,Gift,Lyon,Matai,Foran,DCE,Choc,Buhrer.
Now I'm assuming we have all of these guys locked up for the next few years. If you cant build a top 4 team around those 8 players then you shouldn't be coaching or administrating in the NRL.The Drizzle manage to do it with 3 quality internationals surely we can continue to do it with 8 SOO/International players.

mickqld said:
How many teams can boast the quality of players like Snake,Gift,Lyon,Matai,Foran,DCE,Choc,Buhrer.
Now I'm assuming we have all of these guys locked up for the next few years. If you cant build a top 4 team around those 8 players then you shouldn't be coaching or administrating in the NRL.The Drizzle manage to do it with 3 quality internationals surely we can continue to do it with 8 SOO/International players.

Lets be fair mate, Toovey (who I do NOT like, I know for many reasons) isn't even in Bellamy's shadow when it comes to ALL things coaching.

Ryan said:
mickqld said:

Lets be fair mate, Toovey (who I do NOT like, I know for many reasons) isn't even in Bellamy's shadow when it comes to ALL things coaching.

Why do you dislike Toovey?

Napper said:
Ryan said:
mickqld said:

Jealousy, Toovey's club has won 8 premierships and norths is dead

Ryan said:
mickqld said:

Lets be fair mate, Toovs (who I do NOT like, I know for many reasons) isn't even in Bellamy's shadow when it comes to ALL things coaching.

You are kidding. Given the circumstances surrounding the departure of Hasler and his coaching staff, Toovs has had to put together coaching staff (assistants, trainers and recruitment etc) whilst managing a team of players, the majority of which are off contract, and contract negotiations, and board room rumblings, what do you want.

It took Hasler four years before he delivered us a premiership. Too vs has been in the job for two minutes.

I believe Tove's will become a better coach than what many critics think. He comes from the same mold that Hassle did that being influenced by Fulton. In fact after the demerger of the Beagles, when Manly were looking to appoint a coach, Toovs was Fultons first pick.

Take it as you will.

Napper said:
Ryan said:
mickqld said:

Well?

I have believed this all along, I think Lussick shouyld play at no. 12 and run at the fringes of the ruck. He then may score more tries like this, considering his size and speed. Just a matter of putting him in the right position.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6