Darcy A feelgood story

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
so it started with a harmless hashtag on twitter yesterday of #DarcyArmy and has grown into Darcy going to suncorp to be with the MWTS
from this tweet it grew

nathangielis Nathan Gielis
I think the new superstar @D_LUSSICK should make the trip up on Sunday and come to the @mwts40nil pre-game function!

I think they are working on an ok from the club and Mark has flights and the pre match function organized for him
and Cambo has a ticket for the game amongst the MWTS group

if this comes off it will be great

go the darcy army

If he comes on Sunday it will be the the 2nd best night of his life

If this works out, it will be legend...wait for it dary

Go the #DarcyArmy

Will be great if it happens but to be honest I'd be very surprised if the football club allows it

If any incident occurred in the group, however trifling it may seem, what do you expect the media would paint it as?

I don't believe that Suspended Players can be near the Field of Play.

I applaud the sentiment of the DarcyArmy though.

He will be going as a footy fan in the stands, and you see suspended players all the time sitting with the teams

Contrary Conduct is a subjective charge. Would be leveled at a suspended Player sitting under any Supporter's banner. Now, if MWTS were seated behind the Players :) , all would work.

To be 100% honest guys I can't see the club allowing him to come, had he just been injured and was able to atend...maybe...but if you think deep and hard about this (from their end)....I can see why they would not allow it.

But we are trying, as I promised I;d do@@

Sadly guys with the short notice involved it's not been possible to organise this, but it has given me an idea for future trips and that is (with club approval) looking at funding within the packages we sell to bring an injured player along to be a part of the MWTS travel experience.

I'll persue that with the Sea Eagles for 2012

It was a great idea BUT not on this occasion.

Cheers

Rex said:
HappilyManly said:
I don't believe that Suspended Players can be near the Field of Play.

Have you forgotten those images of Cameron Smith 2008 already?
No- one of the many highlights :)
But he still wasnt with their Supporters. I would love to see Reg Reagan though!

These are the kind of ideas that will strengthen the MWTS and build club membership. Any problematic or logistical issues can surely be managed.

If I have learnt anything recently from the club it is that Larissa will have a keen eye on this idea.

Jatz Crackers said:
These are the kind of ideas that will strengthen the MWTS and build club membership. Any problematic or logistical issues can surely be managed.

If I have learnt anything recently from the club it is that Larissa will have a keen eye on this idea.

agreed. a very big marketing opportunity here

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Jatz Crackers said:

She knows her stuff AND delivers!!

And understands social media...a very vital link with the members and fans.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Sadly guys with the short notice involved it's not been possible to organise this, but it has given me an idea for future trips and that is (with club approval) looking at funding within the packages we sell to bring an injured player along to be a part of the MWTS travel experience.

Cheers

Salary cap ?? Don't the misers at the NRL even count it when the club flies relatives to a game ?

Mark from Brisbane said:

Cheers

Thats an absolutely outstanding idea. Good luck with it.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Sadly guys with the short notice involved it's not been possible to organise this, but it has given me an idea for future trips and that is (with club approval) looking at funding within the packages we sell
Mark from Brisbane said:
to bring an injured player along to be a part of the MWTS travel experience.

Chip and Chase said:
Salary cap ?? Don't the misers at the NRL even count it when the club flies relatives to a game ?

Might the bolded bit answer that problem ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7