Dank and horse drugs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
The plot thickens, and unfortunately it allegedly involves a former employee of ours, Stephen Dank.

The Sharks chairman, Damian Irvine, was interviewed by Rothfield and essentially admitted that there is evidence that horse drugs were used over a two-week period in 2011. The club doctor, who has since been sacked, allegedly blew the whistle on the sports scientist - Dank - and asked him to leave the club, not the chairman. This, of course, goes against what Dank said in the 7.30 report a few weeks ago.

The fact that this has come from the Sharks chairman/owner and not a slimy News Ltd journalist, gives this story/theory much more credence.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/cronulla-sharks-chairman-claims-players-were-injected-with-horse-drugs/story-e6frexnr-1226593894057

I do hope this doesn't signal the end for the Cronulla Sharks. Although I am not particularly fond of those from the shire, they deserve a footy team.

Well Manly preferred bovine products to equine and apparently that was ok.

Not sure if it's just the sharks dr who wanted dank sacked.

When asked at the recent sharks press conference, the lady who the sharks asked to do a review stated it was not just the dr but a number of people who wanted dank sacked. She was very clear on this and stated it twice. The media were trying to suggest the dr was helping the cause but she seemed to imply that's not the case.

She is an independant so it seems her review would be a reliable one.

I feel for the doctor and the sharks as well but there is more coming out now that sheds a different light on what actually happened at cronulla.

Not nice for their fans to go through.

Im actually not to worried by this, Dank wasn't with us in 2011 and the investigation only goes back to years.

Also, We had the calvs blood which was legal, and these so called peptides where also legal before 2011, on top of that Donny was in charge of our supplements and has been for years, he is aware of everything the players were taking and he says we have no problems.

As far as I know, Dank was mainly involved in GPS and DNA testing mostly.

strone33 said:
Im actually not to worried by this, Dank wasn't with us in 2011 and the investigation only goes back to years.

Also, We had the calvs blood which was legal, and these so called peptides where also legal before 2011, on top of that Donny was in charge of our supplements and has been for years, he is aware of everything the players were taking and he says we have no problems.

this week we had broncos blood and next week he are having the knights blood

It all sounds a bit like this..
A jockey mounted on his horse just before the start of a race noticed the trainer slipping something into the horse’s mouth. Immediately the Chairman of the Jockey Club appeared and asked the trainer what he had just given his horse. The trainer said that it was only a sugar cube. He swallowed one himself and offered another cube to the Jockey Club official, who likewise swallowed it.

After a while the jockey asked the trainer if it was only sugar that was in the cubes. The trainer replied, “If anybody passes you out on the course it will be either me, or the Chairman of the Jockey Club.”

BOZO said:
strone33 said:

this week we had broncos blood and next week he are having the knights blood

I hope there is no cross contamination after we beat drugcastle next week!!!!!!

Cronulla are doing it in a canter today.

Warning if you do an Internet search for "horse meat injections" please turn safe search on.

Does anyone think that ASADA may have initially raised an eyebrow when it was first reported that we were using calves blood? Although it was legal it was an odd method to employ. I'm thinking that they may have sussed out our supplement use and training methods at the time but there were no dramas.

Pittwater Legend said:
Does anyone think that ASADA may have initially raised an eyebrow when it was first reported that we were using calves blood? Although it was legal it was an odd method to employ. I'm thinking that they may have sussed out our supplement use and training methods at the time but there were no dramas.

Perhaps, but the cause of the ACC investigation was a result of a spike in performance enhancing drugs being seized by customs.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8