Daniel Vidot

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shells Eagles

Reserve Grader
We showed on Friday we need more size in the backs and this bloke has been dropped by Bennet. I think he would be a great fit.

More size in the backs? Well that is a unique observation.
I know, we can get T Rex back next year to replace DCE at halfback.

We have a superstar winger who played busted all last year. When he comes back I think you're gonna see more metres from kick returns setting up our forwards. Vidot was asked to play front row in QCup anyway so Bennett doesn't see him as a winger.

Strongly disagree.

He eats up the metres, but loses games through error.

He is a poor mans Taufua.

His off field behaviour is not good either. Last year he and Oates found themselves in Q-cup after sneaking out and getting on the piss. Say what you like about WB, but he doesn't put up with a lot of nonsense.

He's as strong as a bull, makes a few mistakes and is fast becoming a journey man. Raiders, dragons, bronco's....who knows where to next? I'd guess England.

Or NOT......lol

Daniel Vidot set for NRL recall at prop for Brisbane Broncos as Wayne Bennett rings changes
  • by: Chris Garry
  • March 09, 2015 12:00AM
the master coach could recall him this week after watching his impressive front-row debut for Ipswich.

Bennett will make changes for Round 2 after their forward pack was dominated by South Sydney with Test veteran and former captain Sam Thaiday expected to be relegated to the bench for Matt Gillett.

Vidot is battling Mitch Garbutt to replace the suspended James Gavet for Brisbane’s clash with Cronulla and Ben Barba this Friday.

Melbourne Storm recruit Garbutt was solid for Souths Logan on Sunday, scoring a barnstorming try in the second half to state his case for the NRL team.

However, Newcastle recruit Joe Boyce outshone him in the Magpies backrow.

20-year-old prodigy Corey Oates was also excellent for the Central Capras in his first game of the year.

Round 1 Broncos bolter Aaron Whitchurch is on the chopping block after making two errors in his three runs against South Sydney with Kodi Nikorima in the frame to replace him.
Bennett was close to playing Nikorima in Round 1 but considering their team lacked forward punch and Andrew McCullough is an 80-minute hooker, Bennett could again opt for a four forward bench.

Vidot deserves to be recalled based on his performance for Ipswich and will bring the hit-up metres Brisbane wished they had last week against South Sydney.

The Rabbitohs made almost 500 more metres than the Broncos, exposing Brisbane’s lack of grunt.

Vidot finished last season averaging 165m, the most of any back in the competition.

He told The Courier-Mail he is happy to become a prop if it means wearing the Broncos jersey again.

“I would have loved to be there for Corey Parker’s 300th game because it was a big occasion and it hurt to be on the sideline for that,” he said.

“It definitely hurt me. I have been a Broncos fan since I was a youngster and I always will be so now I have to keep my head down and do my best and hopefully something happens in the next couple of weeks.

“I will leave that for Wayne to decide.

“It was a different experience in the middle but I had fun in there and I enjoyed it.

“I am a go with the flow kind of guy and I don’t mind where I play. If the team wants me there I’ll give my best.

“You are doing the up and back a lot more in the middle which was beneficial for me.

“I think I lost a couple of kilos just playing in the middle out there.”

Last edited:
Just read an article saying he will be granted a release from Brisbane, and could be set to come our way to fill Taufuas spot

They should start by putting a line through names like Hasson, Horo, Santini etc and work out our needs from there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6