Daniel Tupou

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you could somehow wrangle Tupou & DWZ (along with Uate), our backline could actually be pretty damned potent.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Dallin Watene-Zelezniac
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

(Obviously if Brett Stewart / Steve Matai don't go around again, and Taufua remains unsigned).
Ooh, nah... Then we'd have Danny, Dallin and Dylan all lined up next to each other on the page. Potential tonsil-sprain in the making, and you know what we're like with injuries...

I think this will be the backline-

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai (D Watene-Zelezniak if Matai leaves)
5: A Uate
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans

+Speed across backline
+Powerful wingers and fullback who make plenty of metres coming out of their end of the field
+Try scorers Tom, Jorge, Dylan, Uate all know how to score a try or two
+Top line halves pairing balanced well as an organising 5/8 and running halfback with good long range kicking
+Future rep players in Tom, Walker, Taufua and DCE (I think he will play again for his state and country if he finds that form)

I'm really happy how it looks but the question is will it click? I think it will, Green most likely the missing price of the puzzle and I think buy of 2017.

Tom was run down this year by a back rower. In the open over a long distance he's actually not that fast. It's the explosive short bursts of speed is where his strength is.
He was not run down by a backrower! Toms problem is not speed, that night where Scott got him was not Scotts doing, it was toms and semis. Tom was heading for the corner than semi came up on the edge and pushed him towards the middle of the field, Scott was waiting after his 30 metre head start which he himself admitted. Tom seems to think when he in the clear run sideways away from the chasers, but when he runs straight as he did in round 3 against the Sharks with an intercept he has no troubles. I've seen him catch Milford and Morgan. He's one the top 10 fastest players, his strategies when are to be questioned.

Our backs were our weakness last season. I haven't read anything to make me think we'll have a backline capable of scoring enough points to make 2017 any different.
If we can keep brown and willaime out of the backline, we will improve. walker a full season at centre. Green there to shift the ball (instead of walker throwing a dummy and crabbing across field) I think our backs will be better. They were the worst backline in the comp IMO.

He was not run down by a backrower! Toms problem is not speed, that night where Scott got him was not Scotts doing, it was toms and semis. Tom was heading for the corner than semi came up on the edge and pushed him towards the middle of the field, Scott was waiting after his 30 metre head start which he himself admitted. Tom seems to think when he in the clear run sideways away from the chasers, but when he runs straight as he did in round 3 against the Sharks with an intercept he has no troubles. I've seen him catch Milford and Morgan. He's one the top 10 fastest players, his strategies when are to be questioned.
Yeah maybe, I need to see him in the clear next year to judge. Unfortunately not too many opportunities this year.

With all this talk of backlines the elephant in the room sits patiently in the corner.

One B STEWART

Looks at the moment he will still be here next year.

It will all depend which one turns up and what he brings in his lunchbox.

I can't imagine snake sitting in reserves so that takes our best attacking player from last year and puts him in the centres. Perhaps a good move but if we don't fire from the back it all amounts to squat.

All of the signings and apparent surplus of backline stocks tell me plain amd simple that they do NOT want another season where they need to rely on Lewis bloody Brown in the centres.

So based on that.....happy to sign a few extra backline players.

I think I am starting to see where our recruitment strategy is headed, finally. If we employ Shaun Lane, Willis Meehan and Daniel Tupou, replacing Buhrer, Taufua and Starling for argument's sake...then we gain about three feet in height. I think Bozo has decided that since we can no longer be the best team in the comp, we should be the tallest! Its all making sense now...

I think I am starting to see where our recruitment strategy is headed, finally. If we employ Shaun Lane, Willis Meehan and Daniel Tupou, replacing Buhrer, Taufua and Starling for argument's sake...then we gain about three feet in height. I think Bozo has decided that since we can no longer be the best team in the comp, we should be the tallest! Its all making sense now...

I see the logic. Tall people probably find it easier to climb ladders.

Height should help us win the line outs at least.

I thought we established last week with a legitimate quote that Jorge was signed on a contract from 2015-17. Now the forum has amnesia and it appears Jorge is once again off contract.

I thought we established last week with a legitimate quote that Jorge was signed on a contract from 2015-17. Now the forum has amnesia and it appears Jorge is once again off contract.

I dont think jorge is leaving but wouldnt be surprised if he shifts to forwards as the rumours suggest, such as She-Rex did rather successfully (well for 1 season).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6