Danger - Newcastle going for it...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From the original poster, just witnessed exactly what concerned me.

Best game by the knights all season by a mile, led by Buderus, played with passion, heart & killed us in the forwards. Halves fed off that & outside backs followed.

We played soft. 3 x players moving on didn't care. Tonight was a one off that was always going to happen.

Blood on Brookvale next week.

I thought Harrison went ok. Whare and the Rex had their moments, but not enough when it mattered.

Look, Newcastle obviously get off on this 'We hate Manly' junk. Manly on the other hand have moved on. Maybe our players are more concerned about the weeks ahead, whilst the Knoughts were playing for their season.

I'm just pleased the team apparently got through the game with no more serious injuries.

Phantar said:
I thought Harrison went ok. Whare and the Rex had their moments, but not enough when it mattered.

Look, Newcastle obviously get off on this 'We hate Manly' junk. Manly on the other hand have moved on. Maybe our players are more concerned about the weeks ahead, whilst the Knoughts were playing for their season.

I'm just pleased the team apparently got through the game with no more serious injuries.

Yeah, Copy that Phantar. The newcastle crew up here were treating it, understandably, as a big home game to thump the premiers and get back on track.....and they did.

We were nowhere near them.

FFS though, Friday at Brooky we need to take a leaf out of their book.

Evo said:
From the original poster, just witnessed exactly what concerned me.

Best game by the knights all season by a mile, led by Buderus, played with passion, heart & killed us in the forwards. Halves fed off that & outside backs followed.

We played soft. 3 x players moving on didn't care. Tonight was a one off that was always going to happen.

Blood on Brookvale next week.

What a crock. Hmmm let me see, by this logic Penriff, Parra & Gold Coast also get off on this hate stuff. Wake up, every team in the comp get's off on the hate Manly stuff. How about we stop looking at the opposition and look at the performances of our own team.

I challenge you to look at my posts all year, I'll say it again.......IT'S THE DEFENSIVE PATTERN, IT'S CHANGED, IT'S RUBBISH.

It is a sliding defence on our back foot. Last season our defence was up and in (Great line speed), forcing the opposition up the middle to get smashed by the forwards. This year we sit back and slide and we are getting hammered. our attack is poor because because we haven't had our best attacking side on the paddock, but EVERYONE should know the defensive pattern.

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN, IT'S THE DEFENSIVE PATTERN!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, nice caps mate. Settle.

Of the games you mentioned, Penriths pack smashed us, best display by them....Titans did the same at Brooky & the Knights again. The Parra game was the Hayne Factor. They are the games we have been "out Manly-ed".

I coach footy, and my post was really just a heads up that from the feeling living in the town was that the Knights were ready to pone the Premiers....and they did....say what ya like, belief is very powerful.

I do hear what ya saying re. defence, but football games are won or lost via the heart mate. ...and this Manly side has won it's fair share this season based on same defence pattern, plus heart included.

Heart isn't lost in a defensive pattern change...as a supporter I believe in the culture, staff & players of this club. Change has occurred through Coach & player attrition....and Footy's footy. No blame to throw.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6