Daly Cherry-Evans likened to champion half Gibbs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We've always been blessed with rep quality halves for the bulk of the last 30 years. Thompson, Martin, Blake, Gibbs, Hasler, Toovey. Be good to get that tradition happening again.

Chip and Chase said:
We've always been blessed with rep quality halves for the bulk of the last 30 years. Thompson, Martin, Blake, Gibbs, Hasler, Toovey. Be good to get that tradition happening again.

(ahem) and Rick Chisholm... he had a bigger side step than Mr Gibbs.

Chip and Chase said:
We've always been blessed with rep quality halves for the bulk of the last 30 years. Thompson, Martin, Blake, Gibbs, Hasler, Toovey Mullane, Dorn, Ferris. Be good to get that tradition happening again.

Absolutely agree.

Actually it is a very good call as DCE does remind me of Gibbsey. He is doing fantastically well for his first year.

Wolfpack said:
Chip and Chase said:
We've always been blessed with rep quality halves for the bulk of the last 30 years. Thompson, Martin, Blake, Gibbs, Hasler, Toovey Mullane, Dorn, Ferris. Be good to get that tradition happening again.

Absolutely agree.

Your missing the bloke who was here last year, he should be between Field and Mullane

I think he runs a bit like him but not as quick. But in terms of how they play, maybe a few traits but I haven't seen a halfback with DCE's range of skills before. Its not just the show & go's, the jinking runs, the kicking game. It's mainly how he can take a hit and get a consistenly good off load away, I can't think of a no 7 in the history of the game to have that as a weapon in his arsenal.

They may look alike, but DCE is far bigger and more robust the JG.
Gibbs had great elusive powers, and 'electric' speed over a short distance. He scored some freakish tries, in the mould of current players Bowen and Barba. He could be an excitement machine.
DCE is more physical, and does a lot of tackling. His kicking and passing is better than JG, and he is probably a better 'link' player, putting players into gaps. Overall he's a more complete player, and could easily switch to 5/8 if needed. But I doubt he'll score as many long-range tries as JG.

John was also an excellent pinball player as anybody who used to frequent the Narrabeen Antler in the early '70s can attest.

The Eagle said:
Wolfpack said:
Chip and Chase said:

Absolutely agree.

Your missing the bloke who was here last year, he should be between Field and Mullane

And Kimmorley...

And Ox should have been on that original list. He was picked for NSW a couple of times but couldn't play due to injury.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6