Daly Cherry-Evans in sights of Brisbane Broncos when Manly Sea Eagles contract expire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What innovative journalism. I'm pretty we've read every single word of this before. I thought journos weren't supposed to copy and paste.

I think the real news is that 14 NRL clubs have apparently NOT expressed an interest in DCE. That means 14 CEOs are asleep at the wheel. That can't be good for the game.

Wow, how often does this story come up? Getting over it actually.

And hopefully all this achieves is to distract QLD a bit from game 2.

Plus reminds Manly to keep Cherry, of course.

You just know it's going to be a long year at least, until he decides what he's doing in 2016 and beyond.

Not to mention where guys like Foz, Choc and Skivi are concerned too.

Does anyone think Choc or Skivi might consider retirement, at the end of next year?

Just wondering.

weev said:
Did the journo actually do anything before filing this story? Just a rejig of old news.

You're generous calling him a Journo.

Can't believe an editor would actually approve or pay an employee for rehashed speculation.

About this time next year we will find out I suppose.

We've heard all this before with Killer, Skivi, Foz, Snake and DCE last time around. They all stayed.

Having said that T-Rex and Whoppa went, but life has gone on. Gifty and Kitey were victims of their age and the cap, sad but understandable due to the NRL's inaction on long term discounts.

We'll survive one way or the other. If he WANTS to stay then I'm sure it will happen.

Does anyone rate Ben Hunt? Thought he has been really good this year. Picked in origin as well. I know it's only back up for DCE, but I am a little surprised the broncos have no interest in him long term at the club.

The article only speculates that the Broncos don't want him.

However, if you line up Barba, Milford and Hunt, then you will have a Team of midgets :cool:

Guys.like GI and Tupou would just step over them.

For the rest of my life I will continue to scream my lungs out for those who pull on the mighty Sea Eagles jumper. If that's Cherry ... great! If not, there'll be someone else. I'm too old to waste precious time, energy, thoughts on what might happen in the future.
For this year DCE - get your bloody knee/leg/groin/whatever right and get out there and win us a premiership!

Chip and Chase said:
About this time next year we will find out I suppose.

We've heard all this before with Killer, Skivi, Foz, Snake and DCE last time around. They all stayed.

Having said that T-Rex and Whoppa went, but life has gone on. Gifty and Kitey were victims of their age and the cap, sad but understandable due to the NRL's inaction on long term discounts.

We'll survive one way or the other. If he WANTS to stay then I'm sure it will happen.

This is really the bottom-line, for mine.

If he wants to stay and play for Manly, he'll be rewarded more than well enough. Financially and on the field.

His future here would be more than bright.

If he chooses to go to the Bronx - for a bit more money and personal reasons - it would be a terrible loss, but obviously out of our control.

It would hurt, but Manly would survive and thrive as always.

dowdz said:
Does anyone rate Ben Hunt? Thought he has been really good this year. Picked in origin as well. I know it's only back up for DCE, but I am a little surprised the broncos have no interest in him long term at the club.

I do actually. He isn't at the level of Cronk or Cherry, but he is making ground rapidly. A couple of years ago, Hunt was the biggest news in the under 20's. It took him a while to get into the rhythm of the NRL, and it didn't help that the Bronco's stuffed him around at hooker off the bench for a while. The Bronco's would be crazy to spend big money on DCE when Hunt is already there. In saying that, Hunt's price will go up, but nowhere near that of DCE's.

It would be one of those situations like when North's were happy to continue with Taylor when Orford was pushing to break the big time. Why spend money on DCE (Taylor), when you have a Hunt (Orford) already on the books??

I am so, so sorry Sid. You are light years in front of anything Taylor ever was. It is just an example mate :p. In all honesty, if the Bronco's aren't content to have Hunt, Milford and Barba on their books, they'll never be happy. Too many cooks and all that.......

Yeah strap yourselves in the media are at it again.

I really hope sid blocks this rubbish out.

The other factor is he has a young family now located in the north shore and im lead to believe that his partner is a manly girl. (I'm sure that will be a factor).

mozgrame said:
if the Bronco's aren't content to have Hunt, Milford and Barba on their books, they'll never be happy.

Absolutely. With Hunt, Milford and Barba, the Bronco's have the spine to build a very competitive team for years to come. Not to mention McCullough.

Just the same we do with DCE, Foz and eventually Hiku.

She is. She went to Stella Maris. She's been raised on the northern beaches and lived there her whole life. Doubt she will want to leave gods country for Fortitude Valley.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6