Daly bread: Sea Eagles in a bind over star's cut- price contract

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon some bastard club has weighed in with a massive offer and as per we cant match it. I have a bad feeling about all this DCE is getting talked up more every week and you can see a whole Hasler thing all over again. Very Very Dodgy im not happy.

My question is..where the hell do these other clubs have all this extra money?

Are we the only club with a salary cap?

Gee the arseholes on fox sports have it in for us. Its like the whole world takes delight in our problems jesus im so sick of it. Its really ruining the game these negotiatons years in advance. It has to stop fans will turn off quick sticks if these rogue clubs are allowed to throw their weight around.

dowdz said:

like I said no other club has two halves who together earn over a $1M and that is what it will take to sign both.

The salary cap next year is $5M - that amount has to include the match fees. $2000 per match x 17 players + Incentive bonus payments aprox $900k

All the high paid player’s have indexing clauses in their clauses and so most of the $700k increase will be absorbed by those players.

Even allowing for back ending the impending new contracts for Foran and Cherry-Evans they will still attract $500k each for 2013. So then try to fit the next 23 highest paid players in at $3.1M.

Glenn Stewart, Watmough, Lyons & TRex will cost at least $1.4m. That leaves $1.7M for 19 players.

It doesnt add up to any thing different on anyone's calculator.

conanu said:
Gee the arseholes on fox sports have it in for us. Its like the whole world takes delight in our problems jesus im so sick of it. Its really ruining the game these negotiatons years in advance. It has to stop fans will turn off quick sticks if these rogue clubs are allowed to throw their weight around.

Did you hate it when we had the money and were signing anyone with ability? The problem is with the ownership we were broke and have sold our club to people who don't seem to have BIG dollars, also if we had money with Perry involved I doubt anyone would sign, has he signed anyone?

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
dowdz said:

like I said no other club has two halves who together earn over a $1M and that is what it will take to sign both.

The salary cap next year is $5M - that amount has to include the match fees. $2000 per match x 17 players + Incentive bonus payments aprox $900k

All the high paid player’s have indexing clauses in their clauses and so most of the $700k increase will be absorbed by those players.

Even allowing for back ending the impending new contracts for Foran and Cherry-Evans they will still attract $500k each for 2013. So then try to fit the next 23 highest paid players in at $3.1M.

Glenn Stewart, Watmough, Lyons & TRex will cost at least $1.4m. That leaves $1.7M for 19 players.

It doesnt add up to any thing different on anyone's calculator.
Is Cliff making a comeback?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4