Dally M's - merged thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: The Ultimate Snub

Kevinward777 said:
ManlyBacker said:
Barba gets the big one easily. Part of that will be where one player shines way above the others as opposed to a solid team effort across the park. But in saying that he would have been my choice anyway - incredible season from him.

My goodness, you are so uncontroversial you are bordering on being the most restrained and boring individual to ever grace a forum! Throw us a bone, try ripping into a Bulldogs supporter, use a politically incorrect statement when describing an opposition team. Either that or perhaps you could seek a career in helping players speak to the press, there are still one or two around who still have a personality!

Woof doggie. Here's a bone so go bury it with your kennel mates.

ManlyBacker said:
Kevinward777 said:
ManlyBacker said:
Barba gets the big one easily. Part of that will be where one player shines way above the others as opposed to a solid team effort across the park. But in saying that he would have been my choice anyway - incredible season from him.

My goodness, you are so uncontroversial you are bordering on being the most restrained and boring individual to ever grace a forum! Throw us a bone, try ripping into a Bulldogs supporter, use a politically incorrect statement when describing an opposition team. Either that or perhaps you could seek a career in helping players speak to the press, there are still one or two around who still have a personality!

Woof doggie. Here's a bone so go bury it with your kennel mates.

Now we're talking, that's more like the famous maroon and white spirit which has made us the most successful club of the modern era.

ManlyBacker said:
Kingie and Killer won Captains of the year. Well done guys.

Somehow I think this was a piecemeal offering.
IMO, they ARE the best Captains of any team in the NRL.

The nominations are just a bit out of kilt.
Maybe that's just my favouritism - but there's no way that I'd swap some or any of the nominations for any of my team.
Brett, Matty B, Choc not even scrape a nomination?

Bloody hell! The nominations must be good! (but they weren't).

In '08 & '11 we were snubbed. I hope they're an omen.

Apart from a few mispronunciations and some obvious retard guest presenters (who can't even read a script in front of them) the thing that really annoys me is that no description of the award is given.

Proven-Sommons award.
Peter Frilingos award.
Even the position player.

How were they judged?
What was the criteria?
Who voted?

If they broadcast these awards over Fox, a better description should be given. I shouldn't have to read the next day in the Telecrap that the Proven Summons is the People's Choice!

Dally M's

How the hell did Josh Morris beat Jamie for best centre!!!???:mad:
......absolute bullshiit!

RE: Dally M's

The Telecrap have all the clubs and the points players received. Jamie Lyon only got 9 Dally M points. I couldn't believe it.

Dally M's are all about name sake, and favorites of the press and commentators

Killer is the best centre in the world by far.A poll done by the fans of all clubs show even the Manly haters acknowledge that Jamies the best.
At the end of the day I'm sure Jamie would rather ANOTHER Premiership over a bull**** award decided by journos that know as much about footy as my Grandmother.

Dally M's

dowdz said:
The Telecrap have all the clubs and the points players received. Jamie Lyon only got 9 Dally M points. I couldn't believe it.

How are the positional awards like centre determined?

If you were not a follower of the NRL but watched the Dally Ms last night you could be forgiven for thinking that the Bulldogs must have finished the regular season 12 points clear.

Mals said:
dowdz said:

If you were not a follower of the NRL but watched the Dally Ms last night you could be forgiven for thinking that the Bulldogs must have finished the regular season 12 points clear.

not sure but its not on the points as killer had 9 and morris 5

One day they will look back at the game, and they will make Jamie an imortal, then all this **** wont matter.

He is the best player in the game full stop, forget about best center.

But the DM's are all about popularity as much as performance. Barba got built up to this, but I think he is going to be this years Hayne, a one year blip on the elite player radar.

In a team of stand out stars even the worlds best centre finds it hard to get enough points against a team that has one or two standouts.

Yeah that's our problem. Its why Bowen and Thurston are so far up - they are about the only good Cowboys players + the News commentators love them.

Sheikheagle said:
Mals said:
dowdz said:

not sure but its not on the points as killer had 9 and morris 5

The positional awards should be decided by the number of points given. I remember a few years back Choc getting more points than Hindmarsh but him being given the award. It is just a popularity contest. But it still does suprise me that we hardly won any when Des was here and now he wins all these awards.

Rusty said:
One day they will look back at the game, and they will make Jamie an imortal, then all this s**t wont matter.

He is the best player in the game full stop, forget about best center.

But the DM's are all about popularity as much as performance. Barba got built up to this, but I think he is going to be this years Hayne, a one year blip on the elite player radar.

Unfortunately he wont get the honour off being an immortal, because of his lack of representative involvement.

The Dally M Coach of the Year said that he would be nothing without his Coaching and Support Staff.

Tooves was left on his own by the Deseitful One.
So building a new Coaching Team, when a pre-season was already in effect, should have Toovey as the Coach of the Year 2012 :mad:

Then again, Uate was the Winger of the Year - WTF?

The Manly Captains are indicative of the Team Spirit at Manly :angel:
[attachment=339]

Geez , talk about the maroon and white glasses on , Lyon is a good player but immortal ............ he won't even play for his state .

Mentioning his name in the same breath as Fulton , Beetson , Lewis and Churchill is a bit much . Great player , but so was Mal Meninga

I thought G. Piggins nailed his speech. It just showed the true amount of wankery and bull****tedness that the DM's incorporate. For a bloke to announce the nominees of an award, and not have the slightest clue what he is talking (reading) about is ridiculous in the extreme. Well done to all involved in this farce of an awards night. Geeez. Kasiano - Best prop. That'll do me.

Well, considering what I think about the low level of 'journalism' especially in their sports section, it'd be hypocritical of me to care about the "M's"

It's a shame such a great player's name is associated with such a corrupted awards night.

So in effect, I don't care who receives anything from those clowns.

A had a smoothie for breakfast.

Any fair assessment of the season would have seen Jamie poll about 24 points. He has been a matchwinner all year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4