Dally M Live thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well done Cherry, equal 2nd! Superb effort.

Well done also to Cronk, he's one (next year there will be one more) storm player I actually quite like. He doesn't seem like a Slater/Smith d***head.

And let's be fair to Cronk, the Storm came 3rd and he was an integral player in that.

Fullback: Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs) = OK I can live with that one just
Winger: Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Roosters) = Sorry No way both our winger scored more tries and thats what they are suppose to do.
Centre: Jamie Lyon (Sea Eagles) = Agree and should have got Captain of the year as well.
Five-eighth: Todd Carney (Sharks) and Johnathan Thurston (Cowboys) = WTF Maloney was the best 5/8 all year.
Halfback: Cooper Cronk (Storm) = Billy has passed the kiss arse pose to this guy.
Hooker: Cam Smith (Storm) = Still has this kiss arse pose and if I was Issac Luke I would thump this A-Hole in the next test.
Lock: Corey Parker (Broncos) = Got this one right but Gifty missed a few games.
Second rower: Boyd Cordner (Roosters) = Got this one right.
Front rower: Andrew Fifita (Sharks) = Got this one right.
Captain: Cam Smith (Storm) = On his knees again and will some how become an immortal.
Rookie: George Burgess (Rabbitohs) = Did play good enough for this.
Coach: Trent Robinson (Roosters) = did get the minor premiership so OK but poor Tooves deserves something.

Can someone please explain this to me.....

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck played 22 minor round games, 19 on the wing and 3 at FB. He scored 8 tries in those 22 games, 3 of them in the Chooks 50-0 win over the Eels in Round 4. That means that in 16 games he didn't cross for a try, which correct me if I am wrong is generally what wingers are out there to do, score tries. The three leading try scorers crossed for 19 tries each, 11 more than RTS, and Jorge scored 18 which was 10 more.

HTF did he win the Dally M Winger of the Year award?????

marga said:
COMMANDER said:
How's good is Choc's wife?

Elle is just as nice as he is. :)

The Dally M's just show how Manly are a champion team Not a team with "champion players" What a joke How many of those players are playing this sunday???? But of course we do have our champion Jamie Well done champ Much deserved

AshfieldBazza said:
Good choice for prop of year, thought "Slamming Sam" would have being a shoo in being the media darling he is

How does His Royal Burgessness get nominated for prop of the year when he's played most of the season at lock?

dowdz said:
Is anyone else shocked that Carney is joint leader?

No, he was a standout for the Sharks, I thought he had a great year - he'd be a bit p!ssed off not playing the last round though.

mickqld said:
Okay that'll do me Dugan nominated for fullback. What a f**king farce.

Yep, I wonder what Mini and Michael Gordon need to do.

HoldenV8 said:
Can someone please explain this to me.....

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck played 22 minor round games, 19 on the wing and 3 at FB. He scored 8 tries in those 22 games, 3 of them in the Chooks 50-0 win over the Eels in Round 4. That means that in 16 games he didn't cross for a try, which correct me if I am wrong is generally what wingers are out there to do, score tries. The three leading try scorers crossed for 19 tries each, 11 more than RTS, and Jorge scored 18 which was 10 more.

HTF did he win the Dally M Winger of the Year award?????

Exactly - Jorge should have got it on results, even though Wolfie scored 1 more try than he did, Jorge also made more meters than any Winger in 2013 :mad:

Lets hope that it motivates our Wingers to show theirs up on Sunday:angel:

mickqld said:
Who's Laura Dundovic ?

2008 Miss Australia entrant in the Miss World.

Is there some sort of website that if you're a sportsman going to a red carpet event, you can log onto it and pick a 'model or celebrity of some note' who is happy to go with you.

Some of these 'partners' require too much belief in planetary allignment.

HappilyManly said:
Exactly - Jorge should have got it on results, even though Wolfie scored 1 more try than he did, Jorge also made more meters than any Winger in 2013 :mad:

Lets hope that it motivates our Wingers to show theirs up on Sunday:angel:

I agree as well. The winger award seems to be the most b/s one out there. He topped nothing. Maybe he's the tallest and that was the criteria? (although edrick (?) lee would be there)

Just read who won, what a joke these awards have become.

Thurston was awful all year and was 5/8th of the year???????

Cordner hasn't even played in almost 2 months and he's better than Choc???????

Captain scum captain of the year???????????

No credibility left in this popularity contest.

Mumbled speeches given by blokes who'd rather be somewhere else. What could be more entertaining?
Anyway, that's amateur hour done and dusted, back to the serious business of winning the premiership...

I watched bits and pieces. The production was so amateurish as to be embarrassing. Plenty of glitter and expensive clothes, but either the mc or Crowe didn't know what was on next. It was shambolic. Crowe appeared to be drunk. Which he probably was, still on his Bunny Mad Monday.

I'm pleased not too many Manly players were associated with that. Hopefully more professionally done next time.

Looked at a list of the winners and I wouldt swap any of our boys for them . Glitz and Glamour night ho hum who cares.

Watched some of it BORING. Russel Crowe = wanker.

The reason our players missed out is because we have talent throughout the squad, hence just about every week we had a different MOM. So Dally M points didn't always go to the same player.

i actually thought crowe did a great job in amatuer hour. He held the audience and was able to make light of a bad situation, much against his image of being an aggressive bastard. His is a souths supporter and is so open about it. When Sutton was getting points and the joke about luke getting 360 was hilarious. Really lightened up the mood. And when he said cooper cronk at the end you really didn't know if he was going to pull a joke on him or not. could have been worse, much much worse.

Dave Smith's speech put me to sleep so I missed most of it. It looked to be a Souths/Roosters love fest from what I saw. It's enough to make anyone think there was a conspiracy...

Come on guys what do we expect it's judged by those gronks at the telegraph and foxsports.

At manly we win premierships we leave the consolation prize that is the dally ms for the clubs who don't win premierships.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6