Daily Smellegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I sent this to the DT. Am i paranoid or is there a conspiracy against league. If GWS farts its considered a challenge to Rugby League and i dont know why when we have such a great sport. But i really do think the Media would love to see us go down.

"Where is your mention of the AFL rape case situation with St Kilda if that was league it would take up 8 pages. Just like Beale conveniently slipped under your radar. Give the NRL a break and show that it isnt the only sport guilty of these kind of transgretions. Im sure the so called mums of GWS wont be happy about AFL lads supposedly raping women or Rugby Union lads alledgedly bashing thier female cousins. what ever happened to fair and balanced"

???

Let us know if you get a reply.
I'd be interested to know if they feel that they can defend themselves.

While I agree with your content, it wont be published.  It will be seen as an unnews worthy bitch by some crazy league supporter.

I have mentioned several times how league players are front page news if they pass wind in the wrong direction and AFL players are just not reported on no matter what they do.

I recall when in Melbourne last Christmas a young draftee AFL bloke was caught driving over the legal limit.  While it was reported it was reported in a sympathetic manner and just seen as a young good bloke that made a mistake.

Some have speculated that NEWS paid too much for the AFL TV rights and too little for the NRL TV rights.  They are therfore trying to protect their largest investment, namely the AFL and keep their lesser investments under a cloud so that next year's negotiations will keep the NRL rights at a 'reasonable' price.

Or others have suggested that AFL is boring and nothing is news worthy whatever happens and that NRL is very newsworthy and everything needs to be reported.

I would be thinking you are right about the investment theory. That is the only thing that scares me about NEWS leaving the game, If this is how they treat something they half own what will they do to get rid of us if we are in competition with them. It really does bother me.

It's the same down here though. You get 2 squirts of bugger all league coverage (positive or negative).

AFL is plastered back to front, and its quite often negative press.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4