Dads Army

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Garts

First Grader
I thought I would get things under way.  Here you go Darren  :p

Most of our players are all old and crap, our recruitment team clearly has NFI, thoughts :)

Garts link said:
I thought I would get things under way.  Here you go Darren  :p

Most of our players are all old and crap, our recruitment team clearly has NFI, thoughts :)

I blame Lowe.

Considering that the retirement age of players these days is heading towards mid 30's i hardly think our teams is old.
Maybe 20 years ago when 30 was the magic number.

Our players have been lacking ticker the last couple of years, and thats nothing to do with age.

I hear a sponsor may be in the wings
k1t076.jpg

Pablo link said:
Considering that the retirement age of players these days is heading towards mid 30's i hardly think our teams is old.
Maybe 20 years ago when 30 was the magic number.

Our players have been lacking ticker the last couple of years, and thats nothing to do with age.

I thought that your post didn't fit as it wasn't a whinge. Then I realised you could start a "Our Team has No Ticker" thread. :) Nice work.

Granny Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies could run harder that half our forward pack...Just ask Jethro!
And hold onto more ball..lol

actually our forward pack will be younger this yr because perry went,, that means a rookie gets a spot, unless they go with joe then we older than last yr
::)

I remember a certain Rubgy union team back in 2003 was called old, lack speed and so many other things.
They went on to win some small thing called the world cup.
Enough said

The Poms were one of the pre-tournament favourites in 2003. They did lack attacking ability though, I'll grant you that. Wilkinson's boot got them home, and no doubt they were all knighted as is the English tradition whenever they beat Australia in something.

tractorboy link said:
I remember a certain Rubgy union team back in 2003 was called old, lack speed and so many other things.
They went on to win some small thing called the world cup.
Enough said
1st major trophy that country had won in 76yrs..  & like some one said it was wilikinson that got them home in a lot of games,, it wasnt their attacking flair..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297669330[/time]

actually it was boring rugby  penalty shots at every opportunity(55 out) & drop goals ..  probably scored 5 tries all tournament & thats being generous .. ;D

Post  automatically merged: [time]1297669392[/time]

rugby is boring  but they just made it even more so ...

I was wondering what response I'd get. But who cares how boring we were we won. Best team by far and away. We don't win many big things so got to take whatever we can get. And given who we beat in the final boy that was sweet. ;D :D :eek:

Loved the singing the other day (to Yellow Submarine, of course)

Poms: "You all live in a convict colony, convict colony, ..."

Aussies: " You just sent us to a sunny paradise, sunny paradise, ..."

Same tune, Barmy Army....Gabba Stadium first test Brisbane November

Your next Queen will be

Camiila Parker Bowles Camilla Parker Bowles etc etc

VERY funny, near pissed myself when I heard it first

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10