Cuthbo's send off a joke!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah, he got him high, but hardly a send-off?

You will see another dozen of those this year. Hamstead is lucky that didn't cost us the game.

I thought it was lazy and the raiders guy was leaning forward.  Cuthbo has a tendency to slap, but there was no stiff arm or intent.  Reportable, but not a send off.  Interesting we lifted for the rest of the half and went forward easily.  Our line defense was really good.  Hampster is losing it.  "Don't look at me, don't look at me" wtf? 

Actually - there was another head high just tonight in The Bronco's / Parra game, probably just as bad. A penalty was awarded, and nothing else.

Remember Hampstead sent off Burns and Kennedy in that final against The Knights in 06 to not ref again that year.

I guess this is payback from him.

The send off was harsh to say the least but there was worse reffing in tonights game.

Obviously the Williams try was a try. Obvious to everyone except the 9 commentary team (bar one) and the refs.

Hampster penalising us then hurling abuse at one of our players "dont look at me, dont look at me" in relation to our tackler turning backwards after completing the tackle.

FMD, if thats in the rule book, we should have been penalised 40 times during the course of the game. Hamstead runs a game on cranky emotion. he is sub standard & needs demotion.

Did anyone hear him on Beavers try ? He didnt make it into the ingoal & see the grounding. And being so late in the game & the fact he couldnt be stuffed he calls out "did he get it down?" Then awards the try without anything to really base it off.

Of course it was a try (congrats Beaver) but what an example of the blokes ineptitude.

Great win under bullsh!t ref conditions.

Ox, Williams, Robbo, Lyon, Mattai, Perry, all had superb games.

CliffyIsGod link said:
Yeah, he got him high, but hardly a send-off?

You will see another dozen of those this year. Hamstead is lucky that didn't cost us the game.

It was only a send off because it was a Manly player. Any other team and it would have been 10 minutes in the bin or put on report.

DSM5 link said:
Hampster is losing it.  \"Don't look at me, don't look at me\" wtf?

I remember the game when Choc came back from injury (I think) where there was another incident of the "Don't look at me, don't look at me" routine by the Ref. In that incident it was against Choc because he kept looking at him after he tackled the opposition player before releasing. Whether or not it was Hampstead reffing that game I can't remember.

He punched him in the face, what do you lot want before a send off? a dead body????

Get some perspective FFS

Will see plenty more of thos ethis season just placed on report. I wouldn't have a problem with the sendoff if it was consistent in it's ruling, but it won't be

Hodges picking Riddell up after he had passed and dropping him on his head was far worse than Cuthbertsons effort

You all reckon Matai shouldnt have been sent off in the test last year??

Yes Kiwi the consistency is the problem, doesn't change the fact that last nights was worthy of a send off.

Fro, it was a lazy slap.  Reportable?, maybe, but definitely not a send off.  There was no stiff arm, nothing leading up to it, the guy was leaning forward and Cuthbo is not a serial offender.  Acting lessons seem to be taking over from wrestling coaches at some clubs.  Piggy Riddell and the Parra players  attends classes as do Souths players.  Did you see the head throws and the elbow to the head in the Brisbane game, much worse.  Penalty and report should be the go unless malice is intended and shown. What lacks in this game is consistency.  Hampster hates us, as do many refs, and it showed last night. Interesting to note that Simpkins was the video ref and he was the one that incorrectly imo sent Hoppa off for just a big hit on that idiot from Cronulla.  They can't help themselves when we play.

C'mon DSM5. I was about 10 mts away with a clear view of Hoppa's so-called indiscretion. Hoppa ran from the wing in a straight line at Galloway and despite having unloaded for ages before he arrived he still decked him with an elbow to the head. As blatant and necessary send off that I have ever seen. As for last night, it was a toss of the coin whether he stayed on - and I had no problem really with him being marched. Somewhere, sometime a ref will stand up against sloppy stupid play that puts another player at serious risk of injury and unfortunately it was us this time.

MB, It's the 'sometimes', and the 'toss of the coin' thing that irritates me about this.  I too was at the game when Hoppa was marched.  He jumped up into Galloway and got tangled up was my view of it. It looked far worse than what it was.  As I remember Simpkins wasn't going to take action until he got a call from the video ref. Galloway got crunched by Hoppa as they collided.  It's the consistency thing that gets me.  Far worse stuff was in evidence at the Brisbane/Parra match.  A blatant elbow to the head to stop a player tackling a try scorer, and a broken nose out of it, gets rewarded with a try.  Crap.   

I was walking around the ground with my new camera and was in front of the grand-stand northern end right in front of it. Hoppa ran 25 mts across field at an angle and it was obvious to everyone on that side he should have pulled out. Another Hoppa brain explosion. It was a case of everyone including the ref thinking "He didn't just do what I thought he just did, did he?" Yep, he had.

That's funny, MB because I was in the Southern Stand that day, looking straight at it and it looked like a cracker of a shot. The whole Southern Stand thought it was hit of the season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4