1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuthbo

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Eagle, Feb 13, 2011.

1. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Looking good in the annual souths grand final,needs a haircut more than.....no nothing needs anything as much as he needs a haircut

2. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    He went OK.  Bennett must have got in his ear as there were no silly off-loads

3. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    First time I've ever seen him play without head gear. He looked a lot lighter, too.
    For me he'll always be a Manly boy and I hope he has a good year at the Dragons. Has to have better luck there than he did at the Sharks.

4. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    He was ok, not outstanding. He had 2 great offloads and did decent defensive work but not much outside of that. When it comes to rating a players talents I'll back two years of struggling at 1st grade over 1 good game again the Rabbitohs 2nd stringers. He could come good as the year goes on. Players under Bennet seem to do one of two things flourish or get agitated and leave, it all depends if your prepared to become one of Bennett's Robots or not.

5. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    What is the fascination with a player (including his bloody haircut) that left us some time ago and has no bearing on where Manly is now headed ?

6. Captain of the Gate

Captain of the Gate Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I we can't talk about players in an NRL forum what can we talk about? I mean not every thread can be a Gallop/Lowe/Storm/Zorba bashing thread

7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,466 / 74
    I thought that was his most consistent performance for several years

This is his last chance really and he has the raw talent he just needs a coach like Bennett to bring out his best.

As long as he listens and fixes the over zealous offload he could do well at the dragons

8. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Thats all cuthbo has needed his whole career
    His no BK and he shouldnt try to be,smart offloads
    not sheer volume would be good

9. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    No belly, no headgear. I'm in the group that hopes to see him do well, he's a top bloke and is a solid Manly junior. He needed to leave Manly to play his best footy I believe (as much for a life change really), but it was never going to happen at the Sharks.

Hard to get a good guage after the charity shield but he was solid and, as has been pointed out, far more selective with his offloads - one of which contributed to a try.

He was always capable of a big hit at Manly, wonder if his slimmed down version still has that as part of his defensive arsenal...

10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    It's a shame he never reined himself in when at Manly, though it would be nice to see him kick on at Saints.

Always had plenty of potential but never realised it with us.

11. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I saw enough at the beginning of last season to say he would go on to be a good player. But then Sticky got involved, played him in a wrecking ball style and undoubtedly blunted his talent and we saw the end result with no game time. Hard to believe he would knuckle down to disciplined play but Bennett can do that. Yes, he will become a bit 'robotic' but he still has the skills to be a game breaker and good luck to him.

12. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I we can't talk about players in an NRL forum what can we talk about? I mean not every thread can be a Gallop/Lowe/Storm/Zorba bashing thread
    [/quote]

Correct Captain, thats what the whinge forum is for.

P.S. stop making sense, there no place for that here :)

13. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    I agree. He was very solid indeed.

14. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Did not make the cut for the WCC match

15. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I still say he has star potential,realising it is a different story all together

16. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +829 / 10
    Cuthbo seemed to me to be no different.

The difference was the Dragons didn't muff any of his passes.

If his passes stick Cuthbo will get a Dally M award.

If his Dragon team mates aren't up to catch the ball, he will look a dudd and be blamed for it.

Cuthbo is a great talent and it is a damn shame that the game today cruels creative ball playing forwards in favour of wrecking ball forwards.

I love watching him play.

17. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    I always thought that about him at Manly, Dan.

If he won't stop throwing the passes then make sure you have somebody there to catch them. Evolve the game plan around the players rather than the coach.

18. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Agree with Dan. The abillity to off load is priceless. If you can get it right.

19. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    However you spin it, Isz is correct.  He didn't make the cut to play in the WCC.  He'll go alright down in Shellharbour. 

20. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    I love watching him play, too, and I wish he was still playing for us. But as he isn't, I'll wish him all the best, except when he's playing against us:)