1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuthbo

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Masked Eagle, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Apparently he may have signed with the Dragons. 

2. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    by: St George Illawarra Dragons
    Nov 17, 2010 11:08am

The St George Illawarra Dragons today have agreed to terms with Adam Cuthbertson for the next 12 months, through until the end of season 2011. Cuthbertson joins the Dragons after limited opportunities at the Sharks in season 2010 where he made just 12 NRL appearances.

The 25-year-old made his NRL debut for the Sea-Eagles in Round 3 of season 2006 against the Sharks and has gone on to make 65 appearances in the top flight.

The Avalon Bulldogs junior spent four seasons at the Sea-Eagles winning a Premiership in 2008 before moving to the Sharks in 2010.

After a frustrating 2010 season, Cuthbertson is keen to arrive at the Dragons with an open mind and is looking forward to the challenge at a new Club.

“This is a fresh start for me here at the Dragons,” he said. “Last year was extremely frustrating but I'll be looking to take every opportunity I can and grabbing it with both hands.

“To come to a Club rich in history and work under a Coach like Wayne Bennett is exciting,” he added.

Coach Wayne Bennett is delighted to have a player of Cuthbertson's ability joining the Club.

“We've been fortunate enough to get Adam to the Dragons,” Bennett said. “He is a quality player and we are very appreciative that he wants to join the Club.

“We are looking forward to him commencing pre-season training and taking the opportunities he is given in the Red V,” he added.

As well as Cuthbertson the Dragons welcome front rower David Gower from the Balmain Tigers as well as back rower Daniel Penese from the Panthers for the 2011 season.

Bronx Goodwin has signed at the Dragons for 12 months after an injury plagued 2010.

The Dragons officially return to training in Wollongong on Monday, November 29.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. willstyles

willstyles Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Sh*t.

Bennett will probably turn him into an international.

4. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    Wonder if Gower can bat?

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Salary cap much?

6. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    The guy is worthless

7. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    cuthbo would be on bare minimum Ryan. and none of the other names are much chop even Goodwin wouldnt be on a lot.

8. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I'm guessing he'd also be having some of his wages guaranteed by the Sharks as well as he was contracted to them for 2011.  Unless of course he was paid out?

9. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    I'm guessing he'd also be having some of his wages guaranteed by the Sharks as well as he was contracted to them for 2011.  Unless of course he was paid out?
    [/quote]

If he was payed out doesnt that mean his on their cap for next year anyway in entirety? you cant just sack someone as the wage is in your cap,not the cap of the next team which effectively makes him 2 players to the NRL

The fired shark earning 250k for next year and the new dragon earning probably 150k next year,correct me if im wrong but i doubt that i am

10. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,021 / 7
    The dragqueens had to let jeremy smith go and end up with cuthbo, hmm... would rather have kept smith

11. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    I reckon Cuthbo will blossom under Bennett. If they are paying him the minimum $50,000 then Cronulla must be footing the bill for the remaining $150,000 or so. It's a great deal for St George.
    On David Gower, I saw him play in the Balmain junior comp several years ago and is a very good second rower. He'll be another that Bennett improves.
    Both are smart buys imo. 

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a fresh start for me here at the Dragons,” he said. “Last year was extremely frustrating but I'll be looking to take every opportunity I can and grabbing it with both hands.
    is he for real?? you had a fresh start at sharks u jerk  &  stuffed up..i like how he blames everyone but him self for his poor form.. bennett wont tolerate  his play for too long looks like i can  see cuthbo playing  every weekend now for the shellharbour dragons, they are just down the road from me lol...

13. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Theres no way they could afford Smith with Reg's wage
    I dont think theres any coach good enough for Cuthbo
    unless he gets his head around the coach is the master
    not the ****ing highlight reel man

jjai man give him hell lol!

14. Pablo

Pablo Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 15
    Strange that they would buy him.
    He likes to do dumb eratic unscripted things where as they base their game plans on perfect structure and high percentage plays.

15. Supernintendo Chalmers

Supernintendo Chalmers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +401 / 6
    what the hell?

i opened up the local paper just thismorning (Penrith Press) and there was a big picture of cuthbo at the clubs first training session and named in their top 25. heres an online version minus the pic of him at training.

http://penrith-press.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/panthers-name-their-nrl-and-toyota-cup-squads-for-season-2011/

so he lasted at the panthers for a day?

16. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Looks like Cutbo is collecting more clubs than a caddy.

17. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Is he trying to beat Walker or GI Doe?

18. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I was told the deal at the panthers was done and dusted, now he is at the Dragons?

Also how can the Dragons afford 4 new players, I know they would all be on minimum pay, but with Gasniers increases an extra 220K under the cap seems unlikely to me.

19. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    yep, what a joke.

20. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/new-dragon-adam-cuthbertson-craves-title/story-e6frexnr-1225956739761