Cuthbo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Please,a straight swap for bailey

Cuthbo can break the line,Bailey is to weak
A fire breathing Des going something along the lines of

"This is your last ****ing chance kid,if you dont hold the ball you'll never play NRL for any club again,you have so much potential but so little brains,HOLD THE ****ING BALL UNLESS THERES NO DOUBT OF INTERCEPT WATSO****INGEVER"

I personally think he was trying to be the new BK,he was good but his offload choices are poor

Clearly the club see bailey as utility player who can play multiple positions (second row, lock, center, 5/8)

I do not see how they will do a swap for cuthbo as they view them as two different style of players

tookey link said:
Has Manly ever re-signed a player that they have let go?  I cannot recall one easily.  Why don't we sign aaron cannings again as perry's replacement. 

Hoppa, and we all know what a success that was. Tezza is another one. But they were desperate times post Northern Eagles.

Some might argue that Orford started with "us" as well.

Anyway there hasn't been many.

There is a good reason for that. Historically it has been very unusual for us to release or lose a player who still had what it takes. So why would we want them back?

These days things are a little different, but a local junior (at a bargain basement price) would be one of the few re-runs we might consider.

tookey link said:
Has Manly ever re-signed a player that they have let go?  I cannot recall one easily.  Why don't we sign aaron cannings again as perry's replacement. 

Dunley

He may even have been re signed twice ?

Cuthbo obviously doesn't listen to coaches or put in at training (form what i have heard).

Why would we sign him at all?

And why would you want to swap Bailey for a player who has played poorly in park footy for most of the year?

Was never a fan of Dunley's as he spent to much time crabbing sideways for my liking.  

Do Cronulla want a pay out for Cuthbo? If not, a swap between Bailey and Cuthbo would be ideal. Correct me if I'm wrong but after the swap, could we not put Cuthbo back on minimum wage and have $145k in the bank for Beaver??

Ian Martin left Manly at the end of 74 to play in Sawtell. He came back to play in the Premiership side in 76. Can't think of too many others we let go and bought back. Cuthbo - I would take him but would want the Sharks to pay most of his salary. Not sure it will happen as they are close to bust. Makes a joke of Cuthbo's boasts about how professional etc the Sharks were compared to Manly.

I'd take him,he has the hunger,needs to learn from his mistakes,i think he will,remember how the commentators had a love affair with him?

Shane link said:
I'd take him,he has the hunger,needs to learn from his mistakes,i think he will,remember how the commentators had a love affair with him?
Yeah - Gus loved him. We had a dominant pack then! Mind you, Gus loved Michael Monaghan and I am not part of any conga line that wants him back!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185330.msg294803#msg294803 date=1284465624]

Yeah - Gus loved him. We had a dominant pack then! Mind you, Gus loved Michael Monaghan and I am not part of any conga line that wants him back!!!
[/quote]

Maybe not with you CW but it would appear that one is starting to form from a few others in this thread.

Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif
Conga_Line.gif

You Monas haters should wake up. If he was younger (now 30) I'd have him back but not in the halves but for his hooker play which is terrific. There isn't much point as I doubt we need him with our roster.

I watched Cuthbo in the early rounds. Sticky only brought him on for a few minutes and had coached him in a bash and barge role, ala Hall or Bryant. That was a complete waste of his talent.

A swap for Mr Goat picies? - that is an easy choice. However Cuthbo's problem is that he is a lazy trainer and it shows in his physique. There is likely to be zero chance he will come back.

We've got enough players with ego who don't follow enough of the coaches directions - we don't need another! Especially one who's never done enough to earn the ego.

Couldn't agree more DSM5. He had a couple of great games and the 9 commentary team fell in love with him for some reason but they now realise he is an average player of below average consistency.
BUT for 55k, I would still grab him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4