Cuthbo follows Bennett to Knights

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Wayne is getting quite a cdllection at Drugcastle.

"Versatile forward Adam Cuthbertson has followed coach Wayne Bennett to Newcastle after signing a three-year contract to play with the Knights from next season.

Cuthbertson, who had previously played at Manly and Cronulla before re-igniting his career under Bennett at St George-Illawarra, said the decision to follow the master coach was an easy one and he was looking forward to the stability of a long-term deal.

"I have moved around the last few years, which wasn't in my plans so it is exciting to sign a three-year deal with the Knights and to put all my energy into this club," the 26-year old said.

"There were many aspects that made the decision right to come to the Knights, including Wayne (Bennett) who helped turn my career around."

"This club has great support and this region love their rugby league so it will be great to be apart of it."

Cuthbertson, who was selected in the City Origin team last season, will be a valuable addition to the Knights forward pack.

"Adam is a natural ball player who has the ability to change the course of a game through his unique skill set," CEO Matthew Gidley said.

"He will add further genuine NRL experience to our 2012 squad and Adam's versatility is also a valuable attribute in the modern game."

http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/knights-snare-cuthbertson-144695

I still do a double take every time i see "CEO Matthew Gidley" :)

TBH I hope he (Gidley) goes ok, he was a better human than the general Newcastle player.

As for Cuthbo, fairly meh, hes done ok, he was going nowhere at Manly so good luck to him.

Bennett seems to be the one Coach who can get through to him so it's a good move, Good luck to him @ the Knights even though he is no longer at manly i still like to see our locals go well.

Jonesyv2 said:
Bennett seems to be the one Coach who can get through to him so it's a good move, Good luck to him @ the Knights even though he is no longer at manly i still like to see our locals go well.

but just not against Manly

Day off & just re-watched the 1st half of our 2009 WCC match, Cuthbo made an appearance in that so at least he didn't leave MAnly without any glory.

That 1st half also featured the dust-up between Perry & the English prop, Perry did pretty well. Looking at it that way, we have done OK with some guys from the Knights in recent years - notably BK and Perry - so let's not begrudge them one of our fringe players, good luck to him up there.

But as others have said - just not against us!

Good luck to Cuthbo. He's possibly the only player to have left manly for another NRL club and still not hated by Manly fans.

As a supporter one thing I'm really proud of is eventhough we have a small junior base in comparison to most other clubs we are a lot better at developing the ones we do get, so to see Cuthbo fall through the cracks is a bit disappointing. That being said, it looked like the kick up the bum he needed as well.

He'll end up having a fairly respectable career now. Good luck to him.

Gidley is educated, has a masters in business unlike the other knights who studied chemistry.

good luck Cuthbo. i heard Boyd and Bennetts tieing the knott, you can be best man.

He was a poor trainer and undisciplined at Manly then got a raw deal under Sticky who gave him next to no game time and wanted him to be a wrecking ball, instead of a skirting runner and ball player. Went to St Choke and under Benny you could see the instant improvement. I can see him as a top level player if Bennett can turn the culture around there. One of the very few players who left young that I still like to watch. Good luck to him (but not against Manly).

And of course one hopes that the 'Manly curse' continues, this time at Newcastle - for at least the next three seasons!

Presumably Wayne Bennett and/or Matt Gidley don't log on to this site...lol.

Good on him. He is maturing as a player. Still has the stupid offload in his game just to a lesser extent

Cuthbo is a good player good luck to him but i hope he gets smashed when we play the knights.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6