Curse those Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Have cost me a perfect round in the tipping by falling like a deck of cards against the Roosters. Have made Pearce look good by the sound of the radio commentary and therefore a good chance to make Origin 2. Qld win!!! :(

They've been exposed as the pretenders they are tonight.  They still resemble a side that will make the finals, but won't win one.

Canteen Worker link said:
Have cost me a perfect round in the tipping by falling like a deck of cards against the Roosters. Have made Pearce look good by the sound of the radio commentary and therefore a good chance to make Origin 2. Qld win!!! :(

Yes, I thought that I was going to have a perfect round this week too.  I should have shut my mouth when I was telling my Mum when she came around for coffee this morning that I only need the Titans to win tonight for a perfect round.  Damn, I jinxed myself. >:-(

Roosters defence was very solid. I thought the Titans last try was very "convenient" as Bird look to be held.

Few thoughts from the Game though. How is Bird not in the NSW SOO team? Massive contributor to the game last night, had countless offloads, did some awesome short passing (and some woeful long passing though), his kicking was accurate. Saw him make at least two critical tackles on Angled runners that prevented tries.

Pearce might be the answer for NSW as he can control the game for the Roosters. Looked energetic and made typically the right decisions.

I got a whole 4 points this week. And it is not from trying - it is just that my tips are that bad. I'm selling this week's selections to anyone who wants to make some serious money, by following the opposite.

Canteen Worker link said:

Same situation here CW, but I wasn't too disappointed tbh

They didn't make Pearce look good, he is just genuine class, and imo he could certainly cause Qld some headaches. Unbelievable the talent he has for his age, still younger than Hodkinson I think !!

Well, to tell you the truth I am guessing that Pearce is still younger, so left myself some slight cover for the fact that I was wrong, which doesn't happen often ;)

Re. SOO, I would support picking pearce at half and someone else equally promising at 5/8 and just (finally) sticking with them. Everyone knew that team was not going to win v. the settled qld structure. Or, if they are so obsessed with gidley, why not play him at 5/8 where he hangs around all the time anyway and pick a better fullback?

Start somewhere and provide some stability: note how the qlders slotted ballin in: he was told last year he would be the one if smith was out and he could rely on that. It's called credibility. The NSW selectors don't have that, nor the coach. (if anyone needs chopping and changing, it's them...).

Ian Martin tragic link said:
Re. SOO, I would support picking pearce at half and someone else equally promising at 5/8 and just (finally) sticking with them. Everyone knew that team was not going to win v. the settled qld structure. Or, if they are so obsessed with gidley, why not play him at 5/8 where he hangs around all the time anyway and pick a better fullback?

Start somewhere and provide some stability: note how the qlders slotted ballin in: he was told last year he would be the one if smith was out and he could rely on that. It's called credibility. The NSW selectors don't have that, nor the coach. (if anyone needs chopping and changing, it's them...).
Kidley at 5/8th = No Balls. Anyway you look at it No Balls.

Nate link said:
Roosters defence was very solid. I thought the Titans last try was very \"convenient\" as Bird look to be held.

Few thoughts from the Game though. How is Bird not in the NSW SOO team? Massive contributor to the game last night, had countless offloads, did some awesome short passing (and some woeful long passing though), his kicking was accurate. Saw him make at least two critical tackles on Angled runners that prevented tries.

Pearce might be the answer for NSW as he can control the game for the Roosters. Looked energetic and made typically the right decisions.

If you go for Pearce, I reckon you have to give Anasta another crack at 5/8.

Nate, Gidley wouldn't be in my 17 in any event unless injuries meant it was time for 2nd or 3rd choice.

good player for nrl level, but haven't see him do anything outstanding at soo level (except come up with some major blunders).

I don't see enough games these days to propose the 5/8 for the future.... but pearce looks good enough from what I've seen to be the half in building a combo over some time.

Noone wants to see Kidley in the team.

1. Hayne
6. Bird
7. Pearce
9. Ennis
14. Carney

Can't wait for the NSW team to be announced so it will look like

First 20mins.
1. Gidley
6. Barrett
7. Kimmy
9. Ennis
14. Idris

Second 20mins.
1. Hayne
6. Barrett
7. Kimmy
9. Gidley

Thirs 20 mins
1. Hayne
6. Gidley
7. Kimmy
9. Idris

Last 20 Mins.
1. Gidley
6. Gidley
7. Gidley
9. Gidley

1. Hayne
6. Bird
7. Pearce
9. Ennis
14. Carney

is a pretty strong combo, though for mine i reckon just scrap having a utility like Carney on the bench and just stack it with forwards, lewis can do the same utility role, can play in the halves, wing, centre and the backrow.

So stack the bench with forwards and lets steamroll over the top of them

I was more thinking about Energy Dan, the team needs energy. Bird sparked the Titans at key points in the first half when they looked sluggish, he was able to create that offload and create direction. Looking at Carney, he can do that from the bench.

Kimmorley and Co always seem to be going through the motions..

Yeah but so can Lewis.

NSW needs a pack that can dominate and give Pearce time to weave some magic.

Get forwards to slog their guts out, and use limited interchange in the first half, then send on fresh forwards legs in the second, as in rotate 2 off the bench and on the field in the first half, then the next 2 in the second.

it is a risky strategy, but having someone fit and ready in the second half and itching to get on the field would be huge

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2