Current most overrated players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Benji Marshall, Jarryd Hayne & Kurt Giidley.
Special mention for Slater & Inglis.

I also got sick to death about hearing about Darren Lockyer's retirement.

I dont think Hayne is overrated. Just another superstar with **** halves and **** coaches weighing him down. Barba is another example.

Interesting to see Anasta still come up in these discussions.

The last few years he has played good consistent week to week footy, but the stupid reputation from years ago still follows him around

Anasta gets this tag as he was touted as the next Fitler. Not his fault but people remember this. As far as his playing ability, he is not fit to tie Fittlers shoe laces. Hence the overrated tag.

I think Anasta does himself no favours in pressing his claim for 5/8, when he's clearly a lock with a bit of ball skills, and no more.

Hayne by the length of the straight.

I also believe that Slater is overrated, not because he can't play but because all the commentators gloss over his regular howlers and pull themselves silly over the good things. He's good don't get me wrong, but he has a lot of mistakes in his game, which to me makes him on average not as good as some people would have us believe. In all honesty I would prefer Brett, as you know that you are going to get a solid performance every game, with flashes of brilliance. Slater gives you flashes of brilliance mixed with regular moments of "OMFG what was that ??".

Soward for mine. He wouldn't last 2 weeks with Manly. You can't hide a 5/8th in defence or waste a player protecting him.He wasn't sighted in SOO until the opposition was buggered. Just doesn't do enough in my book to warrant his "Star rating".

Garts said:
Anasta gets this tag as he was touted as the next Fitler. Not his fault but people remember this. As far as his playing ability, he is not fit to tie Fittlers shoe laces. Hence the overrated tag.

That was in 2002 though, we have just completed the 2011 season so to be judged on comments 9 years ago is harsh

Wasnt that long ago though I suppose that it was Fittler picking up the same tags

Eagle Eye Cherry how could you rate Kite over-rated? He just played in our premiership winning team, and won the Clive C medal in 08. What does he do to deserve that moniker from you? Of the forwards, Hindmarsh of the current bunch is over-rated. Makes 100 tackles per game but 90 of them are flops. Hayne, Sutton and most of the Goons backs are over-rated backline clowns.

Eagle Eyed Cherry said:
Creagh, Gidley, Kite.

Kite????

Hardly rated by anyone.

Gives 100% on and off the field, was an obvious choice for Churchill Medal in 2008 and one of the main reasons for Manlys success over the last 5 years??

Inspired the team single-handedly to beat the Strom at Brookie a few years back.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6