1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cummins not dropped

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by wombatgc, Sep 3, 2014.

1. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42
    http://www.sportsfan.com.au/referee-cummins-avoids-nrl-axe/tabid/91/newsid/142289/default.aspx?cid=SKYNEWS_SPORTS_SF_refereecumminsavoidsnrlaxe_020914

From Toddy..."I think we have been pretty consistently clear this year that we have tried not to drop referees on one bad performance."

...that is of course based on wether Bellyache see's it otherwise, then they are banished for weeks.....:dodgy:

• Like Like x 3
  2. HoldenV8

HoldenV8 Well-Known Member

Adelaide
    Ratings:
    +6,741 / 125
    I think Cummins realising his mistake and apologising for the sin-bin incident probably saved his butt this week. Interesting thing in the article.....Cummins was spotted at Vermin training on Monday. Is it common practice for refs to attend a teams training session?

Again, all the problems are stemming from that fact that we have two referees on the field. The NRL are basically forcing themselves to stretch their referee stocks and the result is that we've got NSW Cup and/or NYC standard refs in control of NRL games.....and that shows week in, week out with the amount of complete f**k ups that they make.

Dead set, if we had refs today the likes of Bill Harrigan, Mick Stone, Graham Annesley and Greg McCallum....most of the pinkos we see now would never get past NSW Cup. Some of today's pinkos even make The Grasshopper look good (but hey, I liked Barry, even if NSW fans didn't).

3. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,752 / 258
    And they want to add a third one which will only make it worse !!!

4. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,355 / 111
    The more refs the more blame sharing.

5. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    OK. Cummins made a mistake in the heat of the moment. The action happened quickly, so I can understand how it happened.
    What is not acceptable is that the video ref/s didn't alert him to the mistake. They get involved with all manner of minor incidents, yet failed to act on this important error.
    What's the point of having video refs if they don't adjudicate on ALL aspects of the match?

• Like Like x 1
  6. master blaster

master blaster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +674 / 4
    No they will probably give him our game to make sure we dont win the minor premiership

7. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Cummins has been punished - Dogs Game - Ennis for 80 minutes :p

• Like Like x 3
  8. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    :D:D:D

9. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    Their inconsistency has been consistent.

10. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Its pretty clear to me that we should stop holding games at suncorp. Maybe then this wont happen again.

• Like Like x 1