Cummins,How young is to young?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Cummins from NSW,seen him for the 1st time last night on the KFC big bash
so this might be a bit early to really tell

How old will he have to be to play for Australia?

Will he be a better cricketer leaving NSW for QLD and their centre of excellence or is QLD tugging everyone off and just out and out poaching?

Are the current crop of pacemen really that much better than him? Cast your eyes to Tait and you will see the biggest myth in cricketing history,speed means nothing when you cant consistantly put it on the spot to build pressure and Cummins will only get quicker with a few more years

The bowling i seen of his was maybe the best spell he has ever bowled and still only 17 years old,he was bowling 140km/h and he was dead accurate till his last over where he kept over pitching yorkers

Word.

He was cracking high 142's and he's 17. The best part though was his control, as you said.

Hazlewood is the best young bowler around imo, hopefully he can get fit again soon. But you're correct Shane, Cummins looks the goods.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1295939528[/time]

On the "Centre of excellence v NSW" question. If he goes to the Centre of excellence, he'll still be a New South Welshman and will play for NSW as long as he's contracted with the Blues. It's not really a poaching excercise, it's just a question of whether he is better off staying at home in New South Wales and being developed in NSW, or going to the centre.

A lot of potential.  Starc is another one.  Bowls faster and straighter than Johnson. 

Probably would like to see him play a season of Sheffield Shield before getting too excited, but he has a good technique. 

yeah the next crop of young bowlers coming through are showing signs of potential, wouldnt be suprised to see then getting the occasional run in the shorter forms over the next couple of years as starc already has

I would love for a few of these guys get a 1day game within the next season,as a bowler i can see so much potential in Cummins,T20 isnt really much of a shot in my opinion you cannot really put forward a decent challenge for a national gig with only 4 overs

He looks the goods now & is a very exciting prospect.

We just have to keep in mind though that every batsman who faces him is facing him for the first time. This Saturday is his first rematch.

It all looks good for NSW though. Very good.

Duff link said:
He looks the goods now & is a very exciting prospect.

We just have to keep in mind though that every batsman who faces him is facing him for the first time. This Saturday is his first rematch.

It all looks good for NSW though. Very good.

I guess i did jump the gun a tad,im just in awe of his pace and accuracy,overpitching like he did in the last over is all to easy to do

looked the quickest out there tonight but did get hit around a bit.

Abbott looked out of his depth in his one over.

In the end though, our batting was crap, uzi's first ball play on never left us the entire match

Mid 140's with use of the slower ball.

Hope they dont rush him through too early and make him play more cricket than his body is good for at 17

6/79 its just a matter of the body holsding up but maybe he just swaps each test with Harris for now

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6