Crusher vs Dave Warwick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Since the great Hasler Hissy Fit who has been the better spotter of talent?
We've had who?
They've had who?
Who has recruited better?

Them, by a mile.
But the Dogs have a wealthy Leagues Club obviously helping with financial lures.

Bozo very close with crusher watch this space.

Not saying Dave hasn't or isn't doing a good job just Bozo loves crusher.
Pigs! Not as in I don't believe you but as in shooting them together. Any glimmer of hope ...

Wouldn't mind having the recruitment of the dogs at the moment. Are we able to pay the $$'s some of these others clubs can pay, it appears not, is it an issue with TPA's also?

Crusher by a country mile. Pritchard Lafai, Klemmer, Lichaa, Mbye, Rona just to name a few. They even managed to bring two brothers together whilst we split ours. When they have key injuries or suspensions the next bloke steps up most times.How was the size of that no.22 Hermen Ese'ese. Beast!

Recruitment is only one piece of the puzzle and to be honest IMO is over rated at times. So many kids have talent and aren't that difficult to spot. Like that peanut O'Sullivan who used to be at the Storm but works at the Chooks now. He is good recruitment officer because he spotted GI. Well blow me down! The kid twice as big, twice as fast as anyone his age and you decided to take a "risk" on him? What an unbelievable eye for talent you have! So many things have to gel to get a player to perform at their best, the coaching, the culture, the lifestyle. Some clubs will suits some players better than others, its why you see players look ordinary at one club but a superstar at the next. Taken over the last say decade as opposed to just recently, I'd say we'd have a much better than average success rate of making players just better than the NRL average and IMO thats just as important as having someone with an eye for talent because there is so much out there and only a small portion is being realised.

Can some clarify Warwick and Crushers roles?

I always thought they were talent identification, bringing in young players to bring through the grades or scouting unknown gems

Ie identifying Brett Stewart and bringing him in from Wollongong or finding Matai in QLD Cup

Yet i always see people reference them for signing established players or well know 20's stars

EG, does Crusher really have anything to do with signing Lichaa and Rona or is this Hasler and Castle? Likewise is Warick the one making calls on Elgey and McInnes or is this Tooves and Kelly?

I always thought of Warwick as finding the Knights, Demetriou, Travers etc etc................you know, the guys the Roosters will end up signing :p

Last edited:

I always thought they were talent identification, bringing in young players to bring through the grades or scouting unknown gems

Ie identifying Brett Stewart and bringing him in from Wollongong or finding Matai in QLD Cup

Yet i always see people reference them for signing established players or well know 20's stars

EG, does Crusher really have anything to do with signing Lichaa and Rona or is this Hasler and Castle? Likewise is Warick the one making calls on Elgey and McInnes or is this Tooves and Kelly?

I always thought of Warwick as finding the Knights, Demetriou, Travers etc etc................you know, the guys the Roosters will end up signing :p
Very good point.

Does anyone know who brought players to the clubs? I doubt it.

I thought Klemmer was a local junior who came up through the dogs system and was there long before Crusher left Manly so not sure how Crusher helped there?

Was Warwick involved in first grade players or more involved in junior/U20's if so he looks ok right now given our 20's side.

Some clubs will suits some players better than others, its why you see players look ordinary at one club but a superstar at the next. Taken over the last say decade as opposed to just recently, I'd say we'd have a much better than average success rate of making players just better than the NRL average
Problem being, you can bring one or two 'average' players into an outstanding team and they might rise and perform at a higher level, but if suddenly the outstanding team is not there and you are trying to make a team out of these sort of players it can turn to mud quickly.
Our outstanding team has gone. Some players have left, some past their best and/or more injured, some missing in spirit.

Every club knew about Brett Stewart. No one else wanted to touch Glenn thats why we got them both. As for Matai, my understanding was he just showed up looking for a trial so he wasn't really found.

I think the " which one is better" argument is not a fair guide.

One club is super rich, and has invested heavily in facilities and is probably able to offer much higher TPA's, and god knows how manly players wives are on the roster for the leagues club earning $200k a year as a cleaner.

The other club has poor facilities ( in comparison ) , struggles getting TPA's and their LC is stone motherless broke.

We are suffering now ( hugely ) due to this and I doubt it will get a lot better unless Penn wants to pour another $10M in or maybe more just to bring the faculties up to the same level.

We have done well for so long on the back of some great players , all of whom are either gone or getting to their use by date.

I fear ( greatly) that we might be destined to be at the bottom for some time , really hope I'm wrong but the fact we seemingly can't sign players suggests I'm not!!

Them, by a mile.
But the Dogs have a wealthy Leagues Club obviously helping with financial lures.
You don't need plenty of money to spot players with potential you need a good eye and Warwick has proven to be as blind as a bat .

Thanks but I was using them more as examples of a young 15-16 being scouted or a 20 year old unknown gem rather then stating Crusher was responsible or not

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6