Crusher Fundraiser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
The club is holding a fundraiser for Crusher on the 19th January at Hoyts Warringah, Tickets are $40 each or you can bid to sit next to a player. They will be showing the grand final on the big screen.

All money raised will go to Crusher whose wife is battling cancer> She underwent a 7 hour operation 2 weeks ago to remove her left kidney and will begin treatment next week.

We should all get along to this

Actually prior to shaking with Crusher's his wife use to post on here as Kiwi girl.

That is very sad

Is it the 87 or 08 Grand Final?

*** Just read it's the 08 GF and you can sit next to the current Manly squad.  For some reason i thought since it's Crusher then it could be the 87 GF with some of those ex players plus some current ones.

Ok, who's ready to lose their voice all over again?

1st - Wheel English is the official Language used in Australia (albeit Straylian)

2nd - Good luck to her, I hope a good amount is raised for her and she pulls through, someone I know went through this with their mum recently and after a 2 year battle she recently passed away, but they made the most of the last 2 years! Good luck to her and all the best

Get Sarah O'Hare and some of the Eagle Angels to show up and a few more might be keen to bid on sitting next to them at the Theatre!!!

That is simply terrible news. The fight to recovery is a long one and is littered with both hope and despair. This disease is the most hideous one imaginable and its ability to inflict itself on vibrant, otherwise healthy women is despicable.

To Noel & Shelly you have my most sincerest best wishes for both a speedy & complete recovery.

Dreadfull news.

She is a lovely person and I wish her the best of luck and the speediest possible recovery.

Is the screening in the evening or during the day? If its in the evening I'd like to go.

Cleals Face Toughest Test

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,24713526-5006066,00.html

FORMER Manly and Australian forward Noel "Crusher" Cleal had just married his sweetheart Shelly Nickson last month on a rural property outside Orange when he rose to give the traditional speech.

After thanking guests and remarking on Shelly's radiant appearance, Cleal strangely uttered: "Sometimes in life you are dealt a rotten hand of cards. But what matters is how you deal with it."

Only one guest picked up on Cleal's bad vibes - his former coach Bob Fulton. Fulton walked straight up to Cleal and said: "Something's wrong, isn't it?"

Cleal's heartbreaking secret was out - Shelly was battling cancer.

"We didn't tell anyone at the wedding," Cleal said yesterday. "We wanted it to be a celebration. We didn't want people feeling sorry for us. It was one of the best weddings ever too."

A fortnight ago Shelley, 43, underwent a seven-hour operation to remove her left kidney. She will begin treatment next week. Manly has moved swiftly and are planning a fundraiser for Cleal, who played in Manly's 1987 grand final win.

On January 19, fans can pay $40 to watch Manly's grand final win on the big screen at Hoyts, Warringah Mall.

Those with a few extra dollars can bid to sit next to their favourite player while watching the match.

"Manly and so many others have been so wonderful," Cleal said. "The money it will take you just don't find in your glovebox.

"Rugby league is funny. We all seem to fight among each other but all come together as one when something adverse comes along."

Manly chief executive Grant Mayer said: "We have always been, and will remain, a club that looks after its own in times like these." For more information on the fundraiser, call 9970 3000.

I'm very sad to hear the news of whats happening to Crushers wife Shelly and what shes going through.

I can't even begin to imagine how Crusher and their children, family and all their friends must be all going through at this very difficult time. My deepest thoughts and prayers go to Crushers wife Shelly i hope she makes a speedy recovery.

All the best Crusher

Shelly is Noels second wife and I don't think they have children of their own. I met her at the post Grand Final 2007 after "party" (wasn't really a party as such) and had a good long chat, she's a nice lady. I have known Noel since before he became a football superstar, when he lived in Warialda and I lived in Moree.

I can't be there but will pay my $40.00 entrance fee anyway.

I'll be there with the usual suspects.  Pity it's not the 87 Grand Final, I'd love to see that on the big screen.  Kevin Ward!  great player, why don't the poms have that sort of forward anymore?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4