Crucified

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Flip link=topic=182389.msg251120#msg251120 date=1265518163]
If you hadn't noticed. Brett Stewart is up on sexual assault charges over an incident he can't even remember because he was so intoxicated.

^^ is not the best way to avoid media scrutiny.

+ half a dozen beers doesn't erase your memory.

Nobody is saying footballers cant have a good time (shock horror even in public), however, I would think the best way to avoid media attention is to do everything in your power to stay out of it.

Has he confirmed that he can't remember it, or was that a media fact ?
[/quote]
http://www.news.com.au/league-star-too-drunk-to-recall-anything/story-0-1111119083465
I can't find anywhere that Brett has admitted being too drunk only the one above citing "sources close to the investigation", mind you that was also when it was reported as a "crash tackle", who knows, very muddy reporting up until now.

Dan link said:
I reckon I only had about 12 beers at my wedding, but i am doing my best to forget it........

nah its good guys really get married it's awesome.......honestly.....yes honey what's that......of course I will cook dinner and rub your feet.........mumble......

I didn't realise you got married Dan! Congratulations.

I dunno about these wedding conditions though mate. I would have had some sort of anti-foot-rub clause thrown into the contract somewhere.

My post wasn't suppose to emphasise on the drinking part of the situation.

Kiwi, he would have no worries going from a taxi to his home through 1000 people as long as he didn't try to finger any of them.....

The only point I'm trying to make is don't make it sound like he is a victim.... agreed the media take it to far... disagree that they are crucifying him... he crucified himself

Flip link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=182389.msg251163#msg251163 date=1265528866]
I reckon I only had about 12 beers at my wedding, but i am doing my best to forget it........

nah its good guys really get married it's awesome.......honestly.....yes honey what's that......of course I will cook dinner and rub your feet.........mumble......

I didn't realise you got married Dan! Congratulations.

I dunno about these wedding conditions though mate. I would have had some sort of anti-foot-rub clause thrown into the contract somewhere.
[/quote]

hehe, we had a "rose ceremony" as well, basically I vowed to give her a rose on our anniversary every year  and she has t have the vase ready etc, basically like renewing our vows every year, i am going to buy 3 fake roses and put them into rotation i think

Canteen - I wouldn't defend the kid too vigorously mate. He MIGHT (and I know nothing) be guilty, just as much as he MIGHT (and I know nothing) be totally innocent.

How would you feel if it was your daughter, and what has been suggested happened actually happened, yet everyone defended the guy because he's just a great footy player.

This is the reason I have totally stayed out of this debate.

If he's guilty - then he can go to the clink as far as I'm concerned.
Innocent - then we can harp about the injustice that is the media.

The best thing to do in the meantime, is to not comment, and wait for what happens to happen.

I personally don't want him found innocent....if he's guilty. I just want the right judgment - and to the full degree of the law either way.

Canteen Worker link said:
It would be the same, no matter which club and player (high profile that it is) happened to highlighted. I don't think it is personal, though the timing in being the game's poster boy to being up in serious charges didn't help his case.
  Interesting comment given Inglis' wife bashing problems and the breathless praise he gets every time he tweaks a hamstring, or whatever it is that Bellamy has come up with to keep him out of the oppressed team.

I think it's obvious that Stewart is definitely absolutely guilty of misbehaving while drunk. The extent of the misbehaviour is what we don't know. Though whether it's right or wrong you have to wonder if it had been Average Joe would the police have been involved at all?

I hope all young players learn from this. We make them gods but they are just men and sometimes men (and women) do stupid and wrong things.
There is certainly responsibility on the individual but sometimes it must be hard for these guys not to think that they walk on water,

Two young people, lives possibly ruined by alcohol. Such a bloody shame.

we are all so horribly serious and abstinent people here aren't we?

Nah - I'm the most offensive, out of control drunk there IS Dan. Hence my break from the stuff (after your wedding of coarse ! Had to get fuzzy for that one mate !!)

Ryan link said:
Nah - I'm the most offensive, out of control drunk there IS Dan. Hence my break from the stuff (after your wedding of coarse ! Had to get fuzzy for that one mate !!)
And I've seen you do things that would have cost you your contract after you ended up on the front page as an NRL player.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182389.msg251204#msg251204 date=1265535421]
And I've seen you do things that would have cost you your contract after you ended up on the front page as an NRL player.
[/quote]

Those days are long behind me. I promise officer (hehehehehe). Except Danner's wedding. I just had to drop the duds in QLD. Best part of it was, his rello's joined me !!

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182389.msg251208#msg251208 date=1265535563]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=182389.msg251204#msg251204 date=1265535421]
[/quote]

Those days are long behind me. I promise officer (hehehehehe). Except Danner's wedding. I just had to drop the duds in QLD. Best part of it was, his rello's joined me !!
[/quote]

Roses, vases, footrubs, dishwashing, pants dropping....

wtf...

Nutzcraw link said:
Kiwi, he would have no worries going from a taxi to his home through 1000 people as long as he didn't try to finger any of them.....

Has it been confirmed he tried to finger anyone this particular night ? The DNA certainly suggests not ...

It hasn't been confirmed Kiwi but according to SMH reporting last Friday or Sat, that is (in crude terms) what is being alleged.

Yep I am aware of that Bradza, but at this stage that is no more than paper talk, like how Willie Mason was 100% coming to Manly

Correct, the two charges relate to a tongue into the young girls mouth and a finger into 'you know where'.

DSM5 link said:
Correct, the two charges relate to a tongue into the young girls mouth and a finger into 'you know where'.

Of which there is no witness too. I think the only thing the old man saw was that his fly was down. How many pissed blokes to you see walking around with their flys down on a Friday/saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6