Crowe's comments.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Remember when Joe G was signed by the wabbitts in a major coup, according to Russell Crowe. Crowe told him to give up rugby league and become a preacher because you not up to NRL standards.

Joe played park footy for most of the time when with souffs, he kicked on when he joined parramatta but was discarded by them even though he was in great form.

How good is Des and the coaching stafff to pick up players like joe, Bryant and Hall, who were deemed to be park footballers by other clubs.

swoop said:
Remember when Joe G was signed by the wabbitts in a major coup, according to Russell Crowe. Crowe told him to give up rugby league and become a preacher because you not up to NRL standards.

Joe played park footy for most of the time when with souffs, he kicked on when he joined parramatta but was discarded by them even though he was in great form.

How good is Des and the coaching stafff to pick up players like joe, Bryant and Hall, who were deemed to be park footballers by other clubs.

I was thinking about that today-they were filthy on Joe
Has been "born again" here at Manly and playing well above what we bought him for. Form is fantastic

Rusty must be saying "Oh God" every time Joe plays. He has been a Revelation; perhaps even a Second Coming.

In fairness he played in the Eels push to the grand final after leaving the bunnies so it's not as though we plucked him out of the park. Eels obviously didn't rate him a priority though.

Crowe is a saviour in keeping Suffs above water, but he should stay out of coaching the team. I remember Mad Dog Macdougall was saying that Russ was instructing him how to run lines in attack, lol.

Or the disrespectful showboating about signing Wing mid season from the Rooters.

Joe has always been destructive. Look at him at Penrith and helping get Parra to the GF. We the team is on a roll Joe G is so hard to stop!

I think Parra would have liked to keep him, but he was a victim of their Salary Cap and having to top up the Hayne train and Daniel Mortimer.

Given he is still living out west and on minimum money with us, I am surprised Gus Gould hasn't tried to lure him back to Penrith with a slightly better deal. Would still be cheap for the Panthers and just what they need, especially with Petero leaving.

I don't want to lose Joe, but would be happy to see him pick up a better deal for his family in his final few seasons.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
In fairness he played in the Eels push to the grand final after leaving the bunnies so it's not as though we plucked him out of the park. Eels obviously didn't rate him a priority though.

I did say that he kicked on with the eels and was playing great, but they discarded him and kevin kingston who were the most consistant players.

Obviously the eels wanted players like carl webb lol

In fairness to Rusty. Joe has needed us to bring that sort of form out of him. Also his comments regarding becoming a preacher weren't of a derogatory nature, he generally believed he would do well as a mentor for people in that capacity.

It just goes to show how good of a judge of footballers skills Crowe is

It all came down to the fact that Galuvao was signed on a deal worth over 400k a season, that is why the were so keen to offload him

Kiwi Eagle said:
It all came down to the fact that Galuvao was signed on a deal worth over 400k a season, that is why the were so keen to offload him

And I hope Joe saved a few of those pennies, and not give it all to the Church, because on the cash Manly are giving him he is going to need all of that 400k to plan out his future.

Masked Eagle said:
In fairness to Rusty. Joe has needed us to bring that sort of form out of him. Also his comments regarding becoming a preacher weren't of a derogatory nature, he generally believed he would do well as a mentor for people in that capacity.

Crowe did it for one purpose and it was to free up their salary cap, he told Joe to give up footy and become a preacher.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/galuvao-told-quit-for-god/story-e6frexqr-1111113783162

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6