• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I actually think we are all on a similar train of thought. For the record, I also swear - but I am a product of environment (Irish military family - actually Irish is enough), that said I restrain myself in 'fairer company'. And I am trying to ensure that my boy through my restraint is taught a better path through my example.

The hill is reasonably self regulating, stuff like Garts has posted about is just wrong and I hope someone said something. Napper I also don't have a problem per-se with what you have said, yes I would rather my boy not be exposed to it, but I know my influence is stronger than that of those on the hill we occasionally cross paths with. To reiterate my issue is those without self control

Cheers
VFTH

Napper said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Darren said:
Give up The Who! I agree that being there is the best. Last week was amazing but you could see big gaps. Why? A number of reasons.

. . .

5. "Fans" with vile language in front of families. A guy near me on Brookie hill last weekend screamed out Fu## cu## Fag### Slu# every 2nd word and then got worse with sexual language (in front of women and kids) It was such a shame as beautiful weather, team winning and you have to hear this trash. Shame there was no police about as I wonder if he would have done it.

As I said before (and only my opinion and not judging anyone) I would never take my family there (language etc) and I'd say that's why gates are down. Family of 4-5 tick over much more than singles. . .

There remains a heroic element that thinks attending an NRL match is a licence to carry on like a brain damaged goat on steroids. In short, behaviour they'd never think to repeat anywhere else.

It doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough to put a significant number of potential spectators off (I met one at the leagues club before the game the other night). Particularly those who would otherwise like to take their kids, or girlfriend, or mum…

Like it or not, the future of the game spectator-wise depends upon making it a comfortable and safe experience suitable not just for groups of males but also for families.

Seeing as you're so sensitive maybe you should sit on the family hill with the other children.
I'd be worried you might miss me and kill some of them by mistake.
By the way, that's now twice within days you made jokes' about killing various members of this site.

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Matt-Parish--32079?pid=446137#pid446137

[edited to fix corrupted link]

Yet you say I am an idiot? Well maybe you are right, which would make you a bit too sensible to keep posting here. A smart operator like you should save his threats for dark alleys or anonymous phone calls. You are a disgrace to your user name. Grow up or go elsewhere.

The original comment the other day wasn't aimed at you, and I haven't seen any since although I haven't read every post on here

But if it was directed at me, would most likely just laugh tbh, like most stuff I read on here

Thats why I posted the link (now easier to see in my post above)
When someone makes that kind of 'joke', I'll tell you exactly how it feels. It makes you feel like replying in kind. And - you tell me - where would the forum end up if that starts occurring?

Guys, we all understand swearing is a part of the norm but the stuff I'm referring to was way beyond the "colourful" language. Maybe I should have called the security but I did yell out to cut it out and it sorta did. Screaming passion etc is all good but I think we all know there is a line and we want our kids to be a part of this team. Like mentioned earlier, I don't want to sit on the family hill, it's too far away and I like the half way line (like many) 99% of fans are great and they are lots of fun.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Thats why I posted the link (now easier to see in my post above)
When someone makes that kind of 'joke', I'll tell you exactly how it feels. It makes you feel like replying in kind. And - you tell me - where would the forum end up if that starts occurring?

If people have been around long enough, you know how to take them and their style of posting. Napper is 1 of those for me so I'd never take that seriously

Part of the good thing this forum has going for it, is not taking itself too seriously, Id hate to lose that feel

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Napper said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Darren said:
Give up The Who! I agree that being there is the best. Last week was amazing but you could see big gaps. Why? A number of reasons.

. . .

5. "Fans" with vile language in front of families. A guy near me on Brookie hill last weekend screamed out Fu## cu## Fag### Slu# every 2nd word and then got worse with sexual language (in front of women and kids) It was such a shame as beautiful weather, team winning and you have to hear this trash. Shame there was no police about as I wonder if he would have done it.

As I said before (and only my opinion and not judging anyone) I would never take my family there (language etc) and I'd say that's why gates are down. Family of 4-5 tick over much more than singles. . .

There remains a heroic element that thinks attending an NRL match is a licence to carry on like a brain damaged goat on steroids. In short, behaviour they'd never think to repeat anywhere else.

It doesn't happen all the time but it happens often enough to put a significant number of potential spectators off (I met one at the leagues club before the game the other night). Particularly those who would otherwise like to take their kids, or girlfriend, or mum…

Like it or not, the future of the game spectator-wise depends upon making it a comfortable and safe experience suitable not just for groups of males but also for families.

Seeing as you're so sensitive maybe you should sit on the family hill with the other children.
I’d be worried you might miss me and kill some of them by mistake.
By the way, that’s now twice within days you made ‘jokes’ about killing various members of this site.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Matt-Parish--32472?pid=441165#pid441165

Yet you say I am an idiot? Well maybe you are right, which would make you a bit too sensible to keep posting here. A smart operator like you should save his threats for dark alleys or anonymous phone calls. You are a disgrace to your user name. Grow up or go elsewhere.

Mate are you for real? Here's a serious comment...

Based on the way you act in regards to some posts on here, you are the biggest f***wit on earth. In person you may be different(although i doubt it)

I do not 'want to kill' you or anyone so wipe away the tears and get over it you sook!

Mods: speaking of swearing the forum doesn't automatically blurr out the f***wit word.

Might want to sort it out ;)

Come on lads. We're all Manly fans here.
There's so many enemy a'holes to hate, who cares if one of our own gets a little (or even a ****load) loose? At least a Manly fan is a Manly fan. Enemy fans are scum and deserve all the suffering the world can offer them, and that's just the nice ones.
Hate all that is not us.

Repent, o evil doers, for you have seen the light that is Manly.

Napper may be right about me being the biggest f***wit on earth. Big deal. Even I know the words we choose to use can sometimes have more effect than we bargain for.

In particular, joking about killing people is likely to make them irritable.

In my case, Napper's words provoked feelings in me of frightening violence and fury. There you go, it was all meant in harmless fun but he didn't realise what a psycho f***wit I might be.

We reap what we sow. Throw insults and threats, but don't whinge when it comes back to bite you. Hopefully it won't be any of your loved ones, or god forbid, children, that get embroiled in crowd violence when some f***wit supporters of the other team take umbrage at your good-natured threats to kill them.

Oh well, go Manly.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Napper may be right about me being the biggest f***wit on earth. Big deal. Even I know the words we choose to use can sometimes have more effect than we bargain for.

In particular, joking about killing people is likely to make them irritable.

In my case, Napper's words provoked feelings in me of frightening violence and fury. There you go, it was all meant in harmless fun but he didn't realise what a psycho f***wit I might be.

We reap what we sow. Throw insults and threats, but don't whinge when it comes back to bite you. Hopefully it won't be any of your loved ones, or god forbid, children, that get embroiled in crowd violence when some f***wit supporters of the other team take umbrage at your good-natured threats to kill them.

Oh well, go Manly.

Good, good. Feel the hate. Only then will you undersand what it means to be a fan.
Let's hope that none of that bad stuff happens to loved ones of you, me or Napper. Let's push it on those who deserve it.

Work overtime, Beer pool, blow up at the food counter, and show some balls when someone around you uses bad language.
I myself swear like a trooper around the lads, but when women and children are around i really do try to contain myself.
If we as fanatics don't try to change bad behaviour, it will never change.

This is not the 1950's. There is no such thing as women and children these days.
People are people. It's the age of equal opportunity.
Chicks go as nuts as the lads (often more so if you see the ACA ads) and kids know stuff at school that takes ages to filter through to the rest of us (remember what it was like?).

Let's not be so sensitive.

I live in Western Sydney, work nights and am on call on most weekends so the amount of games i am able to attend is fairly limited but i always get my 3 game membership and support the club i love. On the swearing topic, my Grandad is a massive Manly supporter, he grew up on the northern beaches and i remember him taking me to games as a child. We still go to some games and we usually try to avoid the main hill due to the language, i don't mind myself but out of respect i don't swear around him and i also don't swear if there are kids around. You don't have to be a massive bogan to support your team.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4