• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A perfect sunny Sunday arvo home game and the best we can pull is 14k? This is a major worry. Not good enough local ladies and gents.

The alarm bells are surely sounding. A 14,000 crowd is not giving the club much if any of a financial incentive to continue playing the majority of their home games out of Brookvale.

Where were all those Manly fans that complain about the Sea Eagles taking home games away from the Nthn beaches?

A perfect sunny Sunday arvo home game and the best we can pull is 14k? This is a major worry. Not good enough local ladies and gents.

The alarm bells are surely sounding. A 14,000 crowd is not giving the club much if any of a financial incentive to continue playing the majority of their home games out of Brookvale.

Where were all those Manly fans that complain about the Sea Eagles taking home games away from the Nthn beaches?

All I can base my comments on are the fact that there were definitely no more than the announced crowd at the game yesterday, and every other game since I started at Manly 2 years ago.

I only suggest that the past figures could be incorrect because you are basing your argument that yeaterdays figure was wrong on the assumption the past figures were accurate. Not because I have any reason the think they were wrong.

No conspiracy theory here folks. Sorry to ruin your Monday.

There were a lot of people sitting in the hill, reserved seats vacant and the construction zone that would account for a good deal of capacity.

All I can base my comments on are the fact that there were definitely no more than the announced crowd at the game yesterday, and every other game since I started at Manly 2 years ago.

I only suggest that the past figures could be incorrect because you are basing your argument that yeaterdays figure was wrong on the assumption the past figures were accurate. Not because I have any reason the think they were wrong.

No conspiracy theory here folks. Sorry to ruin your Monday.

There were a lot of people sitting in the hill, reserved seats vacant and the construction zone that would account for a good deal of capacity.

Thankyou Larissa for your comments, most of us here do appreciate it. If we had 14,000 yesterday and 16,500 vs the Dogs and you say the counts are correct (which I believe you) are you able to confirm what Brookies capacity is these days?

Thankyou Larissa for your comments, most of us here do appreciate it. If we had 14,000 yesterday and 16,500 vs the Dogs and you say the counts are correct (which I believe you) are you able to confirm what Brookies capacity is these days?

I'd think 14000 is correct. From where I stood on the hill, those sitting had plenty of room. Up the back there was lots of standing room (with a view), and the beer line was short. All pointing to a smallish crowd. What I think punters fail to take into account is that we are not a one city team.

I'd think 14000 is correct. From where I stood on the hill, those sitting had plenty of room. Up the back there was lots of standing room (with a view), and the beer line was short. All pointing to a smallish crowd. What I think punters fail to take into account is that we are not a one city team.

Dont get to Brookie often as I live in the bush (God I love the place)However what I noticed yesterday is that all the ticketing had been contracted out to some company. One of the things they had done was to make the area along the fence on the eastern side from both 30's (the wooden benches)a premium general admission and these bench seats were half empty/full all afternoon. I'm not sure if it was the same situation on the western side but it's a ridiculous grab for extra cash and
shows up on TV empty areas, even though the hill was chokkers.

Dont get to Brookie often as I live in the bush (God I love the place)However what I noticed yesterday is that all the ticketing had been contracted out to some company. One of the things they had done was to make the area along the fence on the eastern side from both 30's (the wooden benches)a premium general admission and these bench seats were half empty/full all afternoon. I'm not sure if it was the same situation on the western side but it's a ridiculous grab for extra cash and

smcgarrigle said:

That section is actually for Premium General Admission Members. It actually works out far cheaper to buy that membership for $200 a season than buy casual tickets for every game!

Regarding current capacity, its very difficult to give an exact figure for a venue like Brookvale Oval that does not have physical seats. It's somewhere in the vicinity of 18k, but we need to assess each game and whether we shut the gates on a case by case basis. If we feel the venue is too packed at 17.5k, we could shut the gates then.

smcgarrigle said:

That section is actually for Premium General Admission Members. It actually works out far cheaper to buy that membership for $200 a season than buy casual tickets for every game!

Regarding current capacity, its very difficult to give an exact figure for a venue like Brookvale Oval that does not have physical seats. It's somewhere in the vicinity of 18k, but we need to assess each game and whether we shut the gates on a case by case basis. If we feel the venue is too packed at 17.5k, we could shut the gates then.

Why don't we do what the roosters and titans do - count every 2nd person through the gate twice.

Why don't we do what the roosters and titans do - count every 2nd person through the gate twice.

Larissa said:
smcgarrigle said:

We have paid an extra $40 a season to have these premium seats for the last two years. They are great value and I encourage others to take them up next year. I would note that the club seems to have to err on the side of caution due to it being wooden benches and not individual seats. They have to make sure there is enough space for the member ships sold. This season there are three bays of seats allocated. Two bays get pretty full each game while the third one ranges from about 10% to 25% full which then leaves the problem of large gaps on telly and other fans getting the dirts cause they can't sit there. You can't buy a premium ticket on the day or upgrade, they are only available as season tickets.

For the extra $40 you get prime viewing seating (if you can call wooden benches prime!) and you can turn up as close to kick off as you like. You also avoid having bogan opposition fans getting too close (if that bothers you).

Larissa said:
smcgarrigle said:

We have paid an extra $40 a season to have these premium seats for the last two years. They are great value and I encourage others to take them up next year. I would note that the club seems to have to err on the side of caution due to it being wooden benches and not individual seats. They have to make sure there is enough space for the member ships sold. This season there are three bays of seats allocated. Two bays get pretty full each game while the third one ranges from about 10% to 25% full which then leaves the problem of large gaps on telly and other fans getting the dirts cause they can't sit there. You can't buy a premium ticket on the day or upgrade, they are only available as season tickets.

For the extra $40 you get prime viewing seating (if you can call wooden benches prime!) and you can turn up as close to kick off as you like. You also avoid having bogan opposition fans getting too close (if that bothers you).

Totally agree Bradza - I sit there with the family close to the action.

Totally agree Bradza - I sit there with the family close to the action.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4