Crowd record

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It was also my understanding that they would be running every monday night - although i don't really have anything to back that up. It was just kind of the impression i got from reading stuff earlier in the season.

I also recall reading that Monday Night Football is set for most or all of next season. Apparantly Bundy Rum are keen to sponsor MNF & it may be called "Bundy Mundy" ( I'm serious )

My understanding of next year is...
Friday night - 2 matches, one live, one delayed, both on 9.
Saturday - 2 live matches, one delayed, on Fox as it is now.
Sunday - Fox match at 2pm live, 9 game at 4pm delayed.
Monday - Live on Fox

Sunday games will be at 2pm next year so the live Fox match doesn't clash with the 4pm coverage on 9.

Matches are going to be scheduled at least 6 weeks in advance, up to 11 weeks in advance.

When Monday night footie was last on I went to a Roosters v Broncos game at the SFS. Packed ground. However I figure that to be successful, if one is talking crowd figures, then this ground might be the one to host the games. The SFS being close to the city, good facilities, when people can go after work then wander home. If the games are at suburban grounds with minimal facilities would the NRL care if nobody turned up, it being a TV thing really?

If the games are at suburban grounds with minimal facilities would the NRL care if nobody turned up, it being a TV thing really?

Sadly I don't think the NRL gives a rats arse if nobody turns up. It is designed for TV and that is part of the reason why the TV contract was signifigantly higher when it was renewed this year.

As a supporter it just means that I will not be able to get to MNF and that will matter little to the NRL.

However what will be of concern will be the financial loss that will be experienced by the club if the crowds do not support MNF, which I expect will be the case, particulary at suburban grounds. I wonder if the extra windfall from the TV contracts will negate the loss of income from gate receipts.

[quote author=DSM5]
If the games are at suburban grounds with minimal facilities would the NRL care if nobody turned up, it being a TV thing really?

Sadly I don't think the NRL gives a rats arse if nobody turns up. It is designed for TV and that is part of the reason why the TV contract was signifigantly higher when it was renewed this year.

As a supporter it just means that I will not be able to get to MNF and that will matter little to the NRL.

However what will be of concern will be the financial loss that will be experienced by the club if the crowds do not support MNF, which I expect will be the case, particulary at suburban grounds. I wonder if the extra windfall from the TV contracts will negate the loss of income from gate receipts.

[/quote]

No MNF ? Not a true supporter Pete your membership of the Rockersis under threat.

BTW If TV income just replaces revenue lost from reduced gate receipts is there a business case to increase the salary Cap?

BTW If TV income just replaces revenue lost from reduced gate receipts is there a business case to increase the salary Cap?

As the famous saying goes "time will tell"

You would hope the bean counters have done all the sums because as others on here will testify gate receipts are very important to the financial health of this organisation.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2