Crowd Prediction Monday night - v’s Knights (& promoting it!)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 08

Reserve Grader
With some recent Sunday crowds affected by rain our Brookie gate earnings is down considerably in 2014.

So what sort of crowd will we get this Monday night against the Knights (Round 10 – 19th Sept)?

If we post anything below 10,000 it will be a bad look! This incredible weather in Sydney will continue. Monday will be 25oC (no rain or showers for the next 7 days at all !).

We need to get over 11,000 crowd to be a pass mark. Parra got 12,500 to their Monday night home game last week.

Tickets are cheaper for the Monday night game at Brookie ($20 for the hill for an Adult or Family $50).

There are lots & lots of reserve seating still not sold.

How do we promote it more … ??
What will be your guess as the crowd number for Monday night?
Are you coming?

Should be a clear crisp night for Wolfie's century of NRL games :)

The Knights used to get a lot of away Fans, but the 7pm Monday slot is a crowd killer :(

We should get 9k happy Manly Fans. We don't play at Brookie for another month or so, with the Byes etc :s

Don't forget the Fan Day from lunchtime on Sunday 18th at the Harbord Diggers! Maybe seeing the Players will motivate people to attend on Monday nightt.

Not expecting a big crowd on a Monday night. School night and all.

One less because I'll be starting a one-month overseas junket from Monday afternoon. Clever of me, though, to pick a period in which we have two byes.

It seems others can post crowds of just over 12,000 for suburban Monday night games (Sharks, Kogarah, Leichardt, etc).

The local peninsula people need to turn up in some numbers, as crowds of 8,000 to 8,900 with this great weather will not be acceptable for the survival & economic sense of our club at Brookie.

Not sure EN8,...3 games on Monday night above 12K..1 of them in Melbourne...Don't believe any hype about crowd numbers on Monday its purely for Fox.
1. Sharks....9321
2. Dogs......12057
3.Storm......11490
4. Titans.....9482
5. Cows......11189
6. Storm..... 13130
7. Panthers..9555
8. No game
9. Parra....12541

Just a touch average over 12K...and 4 of the 8 played are by one team towns.....Titans were leading and could only pull 9482..Penrith Easter Monday 9555....Sharks opening Round 9321.....

Guys, 95% of the peninsula don't care about Manly and that is why our crowds are so low. When you take into account all the travellers we would be lucky to get 6-8000 locals. Just how it is.

Darren said:
Guys, 95% of the peninsula don't care about Manly and that is why our crowds are so low. When you take into account all the travellers we would be lucky to get 6-8000 locals. Just how it is.
It's not that they don't care Darren, they just aren't the rusted on supporters that attend games, especially ones that are scheduled on the 1st day of the work week. Some will watch the game in comfort at home on Fox while eating their dinner, others at a pub or club & others just the highlights on the Tuesday breakfast news ;)

I will be there with my 30 week pregnant missus :)

Not many Knights supporters will travel down.. The crowd will be 8,278 "true supportahs" :D

With the great weather today, I really hope a decent crowd turns up tonight.

When I posted … it seems others can post crowds of just over 12,000 for suburban Monday night games (Sharks, Kogarah, Leichardt, etc) was comparing the last 2 years ...

Sharks got 9,321 to a Monday night this year, but that was on a somewhat rain affected night.

Surely we can post a minimum 10,000 crowd tonight. There are cheaper tickets tonight, seems plenty of reserve seating still left.

The “Manly Warringah Sea Eagles” official facebook page should post a message to come on down tonight with the cheaper tickets and get that message to the 131,000 ‘liked’ supporters out there ! :idea:

A crowd of 8,655. Pretty poor considering the tickets were the cheapest they'll be all season. Weather was also good, wasn't even that cold. Should've got at least 10,000, considering we have 12,600 members

ManlyArmy said:
A crowd of 8,655. Pretty poor considering the tickets were the cheapest they'll be all season. Weather was also good, wasn't even that cold. Should've got at least 10,000, considering we have 12,600 members

but but but all I heard on the tele was how awesome the knights fans were travelling down as they always do on those sid fogg's buses.

You'd think there were 30,000 knights at the game!

globaleagle said:
ManlyArmy said:

but but but all I heard on the tele was how awesome the knights fans were travelling down as they always do on those sid fogg's buses.

You'd think there were 30,000 knights at the game!

Lol. Doubt there was a 100 Knights supporters there last night.

Promoting a game for families and then scheduling Monday night games is a stupid idea.
Even massive crowd pullers like the donkeys and bunnies get lower crowds on Monday nights.
Stick to Friday nights and Saturday day and night matches followed by plenty on Sunday afternoon. If the weather behaves the crowds will increase.
Bring the game to the people.

There were bugger all kids there last night, my guess is about 10 - 20% of a sunday game. add the rest of the families and thats another 5K

Forgot to post, at the request of the connoisseurs in the Jane Try Stand, there was only XXXX Beer on Sale last night :huh:

I'm not a drinker, but apparently this was the last straw in the many failings of Brookie catering.

Hopefully it was a one off :cool:

HappilyManly said:
Forgot to post, at the request of the connoisseurs in the Jane Try Stand, there was only XXXX Beer on Sale last night :huh:

I'm not a drinker, but apparently this was the last straw in the many failings of Brookie catering.

I think for Monday nights as part of agreement with Warringah Council, Brookvale Oval only will serve mid strength beer as part of making sure no anti-social behaviour would occur on a quiet Monday night! , so that was XXXX Gold!

Don't worry, all other games is back to normal.

HappilyManly said:

I think for Monday nights as part of agreement with Warringah Council, Brookvale Oval only will serve mid strength beer as part of making sure no anti-social behaviour would occur on a quiet Monday night! , so that was XXXX Gold!

Eagles Nest 08 said:
HappilyManly said:

HappilyManly said:

Phew! Luke warm XXXX beer was definitely a low light last night :(

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4