Crowd figures

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Regardless of the spin the Penn crew will put on it 2017 will be the toughest year ever for them financially, although I admit this is very early days and some of the following may change.

No major sponsor

Season ticket sales likely to take a huge dive

Membership numbers could be the worst in a decade

Merchandise sales ( clearing out 2016 stock) likely to be at an all time low

Tough times ahead ( which probably isn't a good thing).

If you just couldn't be arsed then you are just a bandwagon manly fan. We have plenty of them as shown in 2008.

I haven't heard the hill much for a couple of years to be honest. Once or twice I may hear the Maaaaanly call at a night game but our crowd seems to be the made up of the locals who like to chat to one another during the games. It has been worse this year but has been getting like this for a couple of years now. Sometimes you could hear a pin drop and even hear the players on the field.
I sit in the FM stand and agree with you about the noise from the hill - or lack thereof - but particularly this year.

Speaking of the hill, something that occurred to me last night is that the drum playing has been conspicuous by its absence this year. The drummer has disappeared?!

I sit in the FM stand and agree with you about the noise from the hill - or lack thereof - but particularly this year.

Speaking of the hill, something that occurred to me last night is that the drum playing has been conspicuous by its absence this year. The drummer has disappeared?!
I know the drummer personally. He's gone into drumming retirement, mainly because the usual drunk wankers were getting a bit too much. Seems to be getting worse on the hill now that everyone doesn't seem to be that focused on the game

Thanks @ManlyArmy ....what a sad state of affairs :mm:

Pretty much, and also security are so up tight now, you can barely yell "Get em onside" anymore without security eyeballing you.

We've been enquiring about having our own section (like a supporters group simliar to Chookpen, Burrow etc) roped off near the beer shed but it always falls on deaf ears.

My son and I were there hoping to see Killer's second last game.

We left a bit down but a pizza and beer at Mimmos made us feel better.

Bring on 2017.

8000 irrelevant fans turned up tonight.( I feel sorry for those fans)
And "apparently" we have a record membership this year.
I wonder how many memberships the Penns bought.
Im one of those 8000 irrelevant fans you speak of.
I drove for 14 hours from Queensland
Sat next to a Melbourne storm supporter
Who I had words with.
Then today only 12 hour drive and I'm
Back home.
I feel sorry for you lot who live in manly but can't be bothered to go to the game.

Newcastle are still getting big numbers to their home games. As much as it hurts to watch losses where we sit on the ladder shouldn't waver our support. Good on the 8000 fans that turned up on Saturday. Sad to hear if supporters are turning away after a couple of bad years.
Stay Manly!

How depressing is this thread, get a grip peeps, you can't build an entire new team in one year especially when most of them are injured. I think we're all a bit precious and spoilt we've had such a good run over the past 10 years. We have to endure a bit of pain to try different combo's with different players. Look at the crap Canberra have put up with in the last 10 years but still they turn out in droves in freezing cold weather and display that thunder clap they did today. Stop whinging and get behind them coz not turning up to games is certainly not going to help.

I'm always intrigued at the crowd numbers given at Brookie. I used to attend a lot more games than I can these days but I know how full it is from being there or tv and the crowd numbers always seem to be given as a low count.
Last night looked accurate enough but in the past few years what looked like 16 or 17 thousand was always posted around 14,000. Often wondered why and it's something Andrew Moore has commented on more than once.

I'm always intrigued at the crowd numbers given at Brookie. I used to attend a lot more games than I can these days but I know how full it is from being there or tv and the crowd numbers always seem to be given as a low count.
Last night looked accurate enough but in the past few years what looked like 16 or 17 thousand was always posted around 14,000. Often wondered why and it's something Andrew Moore has commented on more than once.

Its a practice that has been going on for years, and not just in the NRL because believe me it happens in the AFL. The league itself gets a percentage of the gate takings. Crowd figures are often fudged so as to give the governing body as little as possible, and its easier to do at suburban grounds.

Brookvale has an official capacity of 23,000 (I confirmed that with the club via e-mail about 3 years ago so not just getting it from Wikipedia :p ). Over the last 10-12 years I have seen (only on TV sadly) games where the ground looked packed yet the official attendance was only around 15-17k. It makes you wonder where they would fit the other 6-8,000 fans......

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4