Crowd, Brookie Oval

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
1. The crowd of 14,300-odd was quite good. Certainly those of us that inhabit the hill areas were there in force, but what's doing with the Ken Arthurson Stand seat holders. There looked to be scores of empty seats in this stand.
Aren't all these seats pre-sold?
2. What a dinky addition they are building next to the Jane Try Stand. It doesn't seem worth the effort for a few hundred seats. And it doesn't look like it will be finished for several months. Did anyone see the value in the money being spent? Certainly I noticed nothing different on the eastern side of the ground.
3. My membership pass didn't work. Fortunately I was allowed in, but did anyone else have this problem with it not registering at the toll gates?

How many million is this tiny grandstand addition costing?!? Not much bang for our buck...

My members pass worked fine but plenty of people in front of me in the queue had problems with theirs.

It looked more like 18,000 odd there but, as usual, the crowd figure ended up being much less. Maybe it had something to do with kids getting in free. Agree the Ken Arthurson stand looked somewhat empty which was a bit strange but the rest of Brookie looked jam packed.

Nonetheless, a great Monday night crowd and well done to Manly for much promotion of it as it sure helped.

I went through the turnstile no problems but there were plenty of others around me who had trouble getting in with their membership cards.

Yeah my bro's concession ticket wouldn't work but my boyfriend and uncle's did work and they were all purchased at the same time this afternoon. Guy on the machines just let him through but was odd.

Like Linda just said - the hill looked PACKED. how did we get 20K+ for #brookiebrawl last year?!

The new grandstand is all about the new 200+ coprorate seats, not the 260 undercover ones. Given these all go at a premium the 1-2K dislodged from that area (wont be as bad once the fencing around it is removed) will be more than compensated for $ wise and only once or twice a year will it be a factor crowd figure wise.

The current approved plan TW, when they get the money, is to remove the seats in front of the JT and Arko stands and then redevelop that space into extensions of the stands, down to the sideline, with another 1200-1400 seats. That will look quite impressive. They are also supposed to be putting in a permanent video screen (I think to the east of the scoreboard), removing the Hill donga (with a new permanent structure behind the Hill at the southern end) as well as a (concrete?) pathway along the crests of both hills - amongst other things. See the link and scroll through to near the end:

http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/plan_dev/documents/ADPReport20111010Item3.14.pdf

But you are right, $10 million or so doesn't go far these days!

If patrons were allowed in without swiping that would explain the numbers being low, to me it looked like a 17000 plus crowd

I thought it was simply a fantastic crowd. Hill looked well populated. Far exceeded what I thought would show up and the team and management must have been thrilled.

With 45 minutes to go till kick off I was saying to my son it looked like only 6000 there.... and then (as usual) whammo, 'if you build it they will come.'

I wasn't impressed with the rolling electronic signs at the end of each side of the ground. They took away the intimate appeal the ground has for those of us who sit on the fence behind the goal posts. Plus, when the kids ran on the field afterwards they were a bit of a danger.

Just as I was leaving the ground after collecting my son and his mate from the field, I saw one bloke tackle his mate into one of those signs and the whole thing crashed down and fell apart. They tried to put it back together, but to no avail.

Looks like a lot of empty corporate boxes at the back of the Fulton Menzies stand I hope they fill them soon.

The issue with membership passes not scanning would not have effected the crowd figure. Turnstile staff still need to usher these members through on a barcode, so they're still counted.

Anyone with issues, please get in touch with the membership team on 9970 3000

Great win, can't wait for Saturday!

Go Manly!

If we can get 14000 to every Monday night game, then the club would be pretty happy. Hopefully we can get 20000 to the Sunday arvo games.

I reckon there was more than the 14K there but hey I wasn't counting them as they came in.

On the hill and the beer shed has new paint. Well done. Seemed to be quicker to buy beer as well. Looked like a great crowd from where I stood. Sound system still crap though.

To me it looked like 18k crowd so I was a little surprised when I heard it was just over 14K.

As for some of the empty seat I don't think we can complain too much given it is school holidays and a long weekend break, most families would be away on vacation (what were they thinking selfish bastards should have gotten their priorities right and turned up to the game). :)

The Who said:
Certainly I noticed nothing different on the eastern side of the ground.

They painted the Beer Shed a very pretty yellow :huh: .... and people say they don't look after the fans on the hill.

OneEyedEagle said:
To me it looked like 18k crowd so I was a little surprised when I heard it was just over 14K.

As for some of the empty seat I don't think we can complain too much given it is school holidays and a long weekend break, most families would be away on vacation (what were they thinking selfish bastards should have gotten their priorities right and turned up to the game). :)

Holiday arrangements for this Easter weekend would have been made months and months in advance.Possibly even late last year,but at latest early this year,to make sure people got where they wanted.Now,what was that about bringing the schedule out for the full year?If people knew in late Nov early Dec what games were where,and at what time/date,I reckon there would have been more there.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4