Crowd and our ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wonder if Warringah Council have new capacity on file. After doing works they must have had to do a safety audit in the large GA area allocating certain amount of square meters per person.

Or maybe they don't allow for comfort and just enough for standing room on hill only?

I guessed 16000 from the coverage, based on the depth of the people standing along the back of the hill. Check out older footage of 18-20,000 fans at the ground and note how much further down the hill the standing patrons are.

What was pleasing was that everyone stayed till the end. The last 20 minutes were dismal.
But the Fans stayed to cheer the Team on after the match and kiddies all ran out to play their 'games' on the field after the game.

Sunday afternoon is how a District Sporting Event should be staged :)

Always looks big on a sunny arvo when people put down rugs that take up a whole lot of space.

Daddycool said:
Did anyone see the fool in the Dogs jumper walking around, waving a dogs flag and wearing the hockey mask? What an idiot!

That was Des Hasler on a scouting mission. The mask contained high-tech audio-visual recording equipment and the hockey stick was the antenna to uplink to the Canterbury-Bankstown satellite, in geosynchronous orbit over the Northern Beaches. The technology was developed by Greenberg Industries, a family-owned company based at Revesby.:)

Phantar said:
Daddycool said:
Did anyone see the fool in the Dogs jumper walking around, waving a dogs flag and wearing the hockey mask? What an idiot!

That was Des Hasler on a scouting mission. The mask contained high-tech audio-visual recording equipment and the hockey stick was the antenna to uplink to the Canterbury-Bankstown satellite, in geosynchronous orbit over the Northern Beaches. The technology was developed by Greenberg Industries, a family-owned company based at Revesby.:)

A lot of trouble when he has to only ask his Greek mate Zorba.

MWSE is right about blankets and space on the hill. A lot more people could fit in but some actively try to take up space as to exclude others. I still remember the record crowd of 27000 back in 86 - noone on the hill was sitting at all. (Horrible arvo that one - Parra won!) Glad that the result was such an emphatic one for the good guys this time.

The ground has been significantly reconfigured then and about 20k would be maximum capacity one would think. In history there have only been about 18 crowds above that, if I am not mistaken.

Canteen Worker said:
I still remember the record crowd of 27000 back in 86 - noone on the hill was sitting at all. (Horrible arvo that one - Parra won!)

That is like mentioning Darren Alberts. That was not a day I choose to remember, and yes it was uncomfortable. No fairytale bs this weekend please.

MB, I was there that day too. Walked out on that minute and chose to never ever watch the replay I videoed. Threw it out, never to return to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4