Crowd and our ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
We are now nearing the end of the season and the new work at Brookie, which was supposed to be finished by round six, is still not completed and looking like it won't be before the season ends.
The crowd given today was just over 16,000. It felt more. If this figure was accurate then Brookie will never see a 20,000 crowd again in its current configuration.

I saw a kid fall over on some tape type stuff used to mend the fence, and bash their jaw on the fence, then when they were getting up, the sharp rusty fencing caught her on the arm, and ripped her (making her bleed).

Well done Warringah Council. Way to keep everything / everyone safe.

Idiots.

The Who said:
The crowd given today was just over 16,000. It felt more. If this figure was accurate then Brookie will never see a 20,000 crowd again in its current configuration.

It always does look more on telle.

The Who said:
Brookie will never see a 20,000 crowd again in its current configuration.

I would of assumed that as an obvious statement.

Which fence Ryan? Hopefully her parents contact the Club and the Council about that incident

It would be nice if the Council had their sh-t in a sock and had the contractors ready to start as soon as last season finished. That's what happened years ago when other major works were undertaken at the ground. Maybe the whole thing would have been finished by now, wet weather or not.

There is also a sizeable hole behind the KA Stand. Can anyone confirm if that is where a new lift will be installed? I see one is going in adjacent to the JT Stand extension.

Impressive crowd seeing as we were playing the bottom team & very few Parra supporters made the trip to Brookie.

Phantar said:
Which fence Ryan? Hopefully her parents contact the Club and the Council about that incident

It would be nice if the Council had their sh-t in a sock and had the contractors ready to start as soon as last season finished. That's what happened years ago when other major works were undertaken at the ground. Maybe the whole thing would have been finished by now, wet weather or not.

There is also a sizeable hole behind the KA Stand. Can anyone confirm if that is where a new lift will be installed? I see one is going in adjacent to the JT Stand extension.

I was sitting on the 10 metre line (right on fence) scoreboard, hill end.

Nah, the parents seemed pretty laid back. They didn't seem like moronic types who'd threaten legal action over stupid things.

I told them to write a letter.

Yeah, just like with the Canberra game, all the supporters were local. I counted 14 Eels supporters at the game.

Crowd figures this year have been very strangue. Unlike other clubs, it seems like we undercoubt. Impossible to get a seat on the hill today, sure it was closer to 18k.

And apologies for the spelling. My phone is being strange.

At 16 thousand the club makes a slight profit.

Don't know what it is but it always looks more than on TV than what the real figure is.

Did anyone see the fool in the Dogs jumper walking around, waving a dogs flag and wearing the hockey mask? What an idiot!

Yeah I saw the dick, there will be plenty morew of them in a couple of weeks

I can see it getting 20K for the Dogs game just because of the Des factor. And I really hope people show up for it and make it an atmosphere like the Storm game last season.

i was in QLD this morning but the RAAF took too long to get me home unfortunatly, had my gear in the car ready to go when i got back but it was almost 4

manlyforever08 said:
I can see it getting 20K for the Dogs game just because of the Des factor. And I really hope people show up for it and make it an atmosphere like the Storm game last season.
Dogs match is on a Friday night.
By the way, the draw on NRL.com says our match against the Warriors is at "Patersons Stadium". Is that a mistake??

There was a good donny down the back of the hill in the second half.
One bloke in a parra jersey, one bloke in a manly shirt and about ten blokes in neutral hoodies.
No one could rush in because no one knew who to punch.

Please, if you're going to the football, wear colours. It really does help.

The crowd today felt like 18000 for sure. It was pretty full in most places around the ground, though there were empty seats in most of the stands in small pockets.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4