Cronulla v Manly Waringah Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he showed some urgency we would have won that game by more than a try!

He should have easily stopped 2 of those

Williams was playing against kids when we signed him.

Think back to under 11's or 12's, there was always a kid who carved the opposition because they were a little bit ahead in size or speed.

2 or 3 years down the track, all the other kids catch up. I think thats what Williams is facing. He was great against less physically matured kids but now he is mixing it with the big boys.

Dan link said:
He had the same attitude at Parramatta when we signed him. I wish we would stop thinking all our signings are coups, this one is a dud
I think Darren should learn he is watching kids football before he tells us how great these signings are,can't wait to see this Dean Whare player as Darren has rated him as good as this hoax of a player.

im going to defend him. I didnt think he was that bad... his attitude for mine is not in question, he gets upset when they score on his side and it may appear hes not trying but its just his size. He cant make that extra effort as easy as a Farrar or Lyon as hes not that mobile. Hes uncomfortable on the wing and has no experience, doesnt really know how to play there. It also appears hes lacking a bit of confidence. I still think he will come good.

KaZa link said:
im going to defend him. I didnt think he was that bad... his attitude for mine is not in question, he gets upset when they score on his side and it may appear hes not trying but its just his size. He cant make that extra effort as easy as a Farrar or Lyon as hes not that mobile. Hes uncomfortable on the wing and has no experience, doesnt really know how to play there. It also appears hes lacking a bit of confidence. I still think he will come good.

He has been a winger his whole career!

He just watches the ball and doesnt even jump high for it when he should be able to out jump everyone!

He isnt cut out for it. Simple as that

The classic example of his impact was when Cronulla kicked deep to the corner and I think Robbo fielded the ball and got tackled inside our 10m. Iro was first to dummy half and proceeded to pick up the ball and take a couple of lazy half hearted steps, the markers picked him off and drove him back another 3 or 4m. Soft with a capital S. He needs a Steve Matai masterclass in dummy half running.

He's been standing next to Mr Muscle all year and still doesn't seem to get it.  Can't he see just how hard Stevie goes?  Lazy perhaps.  Maybe he wants to play with his own age group. 

Will take the 2 points from that game, and the fact that after a severe rev up, the defence in the 2nd half was top class

I can't go along with all the talk of Tony Williams being lazy, simply because Des Hasler would not pick a bloke in any side he coaches that was lazy and had a lack of interest. Last saturday was a poor game after a reasonable 2-3 before that, which is generally what you get from a 20yo. And Dan, I don't think he has been a winger his whole career, when I saw him play in the 20s he was in the centres

Was great to meet up with and half a chat to Fluffy, Duff, Cliffy, Vidmar, Matt, Nita and Wolfpak at the match.
Unfortunately nobody could point me in the direction of DSM

I'm under the radar Kiwi.  What explanation do you have of the sludgy style of Big Tony?  Being such a monster, he just doesn't seem to use that bulk to bust a tackle. 

Well get on the radar DSM !!!

I don't know DSM, maybe it could be something to do with that hammy injury he suffered ??? It seemed to keep him out for a longer time than normal, and maybe the confidence isn't there, I don't know. But Des must be happy enough I guess, because Siniula has performed well when called upon so another option is there.

Ill have suniula back over T williams at the moment, our defense out wide was hideous

Dont forget hes only 20. He is still in a new team with a different defending structure. He doesnt have the pace to recover the way we defend. We tend to compress our defence and smash them up through the middle. However this year teams have figured us out and keep going wide.. (note the stats of how many tries have been let in on the wings). Last season the two wingers were quick and had time to recover and make the tackle when they went wide.

Suniula and T Rex have both been caught out. Wolfman was out a while.. as well.. so defending out wide has been poor. Des bought him for the forwards.. give him a go there before you crucify a kid with less than 20 games under his belt before his confidence is completely destroyed.

Im sure if Hopoate was a tad older, he would get a game there instead.. once Brett comes back..he will be back in the pack.

As I see Hoppa mentioned, he is going to be a bloody good player, but after watching him the past 2 weeks, he would have minimal impact at NRL level at the moment

I dont understand the mentality of defending players that are playing ****. If they are not playing well, they aren't playing well. End of story

Because its not fair on him. Its not like hes been playing for 5 years and is a seasoned pro. Hes still a kid. Who was training all preseason to be a forward. Until injuries and suspensions kicked in.

Im not saying he was great.. hes not having the greatest time out there but must we continuously slam a player for it.

KaZa link said:
Because its not fair on him. Its not like hes been playing for 5 years and is a seasoned pro. Hes still a kid. Who was training all preseason to be a forward. Until injuries and suspensions kicked in.

Im not saying he was great.. hes not having the greatest time out there but must we continuously slam a player for it.

Who says he was training as a forward. There is nothing that says that officially anywhere, just speculation and opinion from forum members.

He is playing crap and excusing that fact wont make him get better

Des spoke about him playing in the forwards. As did Zorba. Bagging him out aint going to make him play better.. what if he reads the opinions of him.. how would that help? Do more damage than good.

But we will agree to disagree...

I'm a bit with Dan on this one.  If you're old enough, and picked, you should be good enough.  If not, then back to the U20s for mine.  Saying that, D Williams's defense was quite ragged although he had an excuse.  Big Tony certainly needs to move/think a bit quicker and do all the other things needed for a winger, and if you're reading this Big T over Ox's shoulder, you'll know it's meant sincerely.  And Kiwi, you're correct with regard to Hoppa.  He is small and needs more time to develop for sure.  

Tony Williams should be forced to wear pink ribbons in his hair, and sew spokey dokeys on his socks, plus put a pair of training wheels on his boots until he decides to have at least a speck of heart on the field.

Useless pylon.

And here you guys were thinking I was too positive all the time ! LoL

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4