Cronulla v Manly Waringah Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glad to see the back of JWH.. He can take T-rex with him too, what a lemon we got there.
I guess you can just put it down to fatigue from SOO. The blues players looked exhausted.
We also missed Matai a LOT.

Glad to get the 2 but Cronulla probably deserved the win.  Spotted Cliffy after one of the 2nd half tries looking pretty excited. 

Garts link said:
Glad to get the 2 but Cronulla probably deserved the win.  Spotted Cliffy after one of the 2nd half tries looking pretty excited. 

yeah i spotted him too after the first try.

Manly Sea Eagles (32)
Tries: David Williams, Brent Kite, Kieran Foran, George Rose, Tony Williams, Matt Ballin
Goals: Matt Orford (4/7)

Cronulla Sharks (26)
Tries: Matthew Wright, Ben Pomeroy (2), Blake Ferguson, Luke Covell
Goals: Luke Covell (3/6)

To be fair and haven't seen the game, but up until a year or so ago we hadn't picked any points up at Shark Park in over 20 years. Any win at that awful place should be taken gratefully.

Tony Williams was horrible tonight. What's the go with him? He's got a bit of Dane Carlaw about him.... I mean looks like Tarzan plays like Jane??

Nutz you're right with the comparison.  We were bad across the park.  Orford can't/won't take control of anything.  That problem with the attack in the twenty is resurfacing.  We  paniced and lost ground on the last when we were near their line.  A couple of fortuitious penalties and errors from them gifted this game to us.  I'm quite concerned about next week.  Newcastle will relish that performance and put 50 on us if we don't get it together.

vidmar link said:
we won, we got 2 points......'nuff said?

Obviously not. I haven't seen the game but it sounds to me from all reports both here and the ABC radio commentary that we played pretty poorly and that the better team lost on the night. The ABC were giving it to Eeyore (T.Williams) over that final Sharks try. Apparently (according to them) he was still waiting for the ball to come down still after the Sharks player had caught it and scored their final try.

So we'll forfeit the 2 points?
At this stage of the season I'm quite happy to come away with 2 points...In all honesty we can play crap each game as long as we are at Homebush come October.
My oh my.....We won and are now in the 8....can't believe the negative posts after we got another 2 premiership points?
We can't win 40-0 every game?

Guys,

just got home from that dog of a ground. I don't care how we win there as long as we win. Its hard to win there. The Sharks fans are right into the ref to bow the whistle.

vidmar link said:
So we'll forfeit the 2 points?
At this stage of the season I'm quite happy to come away with 2 points...In all honesty we can play crap each game as long as we are at Homebush come October.
My oh my.....We won and are now in the 8....can't believe the negative posts after we got another 2 premiership points?
We can't win 40-0 every game?

Vid, your previous comment ended with "......'nuff said?"

I'm a bit confused by your response.  Were you making a statement or were you asking a question?  If you were making a statement (and just wanted people to stop complaining) you should have ended it with an exclamation mark instead of a question mark because the way that I read it you were asking for peoples opinions.

I'm sure that everybody here is quite happy that we came away with 2 points and would gladly congratulate the boys on the win but, with the bottom half of the top eight positions being so close and with the Bronco's & Rabbits within a sniff of being in the eight as well, we just cannot afford to scrape by with just a win.  Nobody is saying that we have to win 40-0 every game but we do need to win games well enough to increase our points differential and secure a position further up the ladder.  It is so easy to move from a seemingly good position within the eight to outside the eight just by losing one game.  Just look at last week.  The Dragons kick our butts and we go from 6th position to 9th in one fell swoop.

Exactly.

No one is going to give back the 2 points, and of course we will take the win. But what is the point in ignoring how poorly we played ? Vidmar might be an advocate of the "head in the sand" method of dealing with difficult issues but I don't see the point in blind acceptance of the team performance just because we won. If you want that sort of rose coloured view of the Manly Sea Eagles then no point posting here.

We played poorly and will need to improve. Nuff said ! 

Agree re poor play but (fingers crossed) we are building up to playing better...peaking at the right time

Also re T Rex....Stewie= Robbo on the wing and T Rex into the forwards.....not sure it is fair to judge him on wing play when his training etc has been geared to being in the forwards

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4