Cronk staying at Melb, Foran stayin at manly - trex to leave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/cooper-cronk-tipped-to-stay-with-the-melbourne-storm-while-roosters-captain-braith-anasta-is-heading-to-the-tigers/story-e6frexnr-1226312931498

If true its great we are keeping Foran but losing Trex would be a big loss, especially if we lose Snake to the Roosters aswell.

Hard to argue with the evidence they have produced to support those 3 signing claims...

Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys refused to discuss negotiations last night. "We prefer not to comment on speculation," he said.

So Cronk has been spooked by reports of cash crisis at the Titans.

New conspiracy theory: Reports of Titans crisis either exaggerated or completely invented by News Limited in response to Cronk's 3.2m offer with the aim of keeping him at the Storm for less money.

Wouldn't put it past them...

Cronk should stay at the Storm. We need more loyalty and less greed in this game. I too love the notion of 1 club players. He might lose a bit of money now but he will make it up ten fold when he coaches the storm in a few years.

Good on cooper for staying, I mean he has played with Smith and Slater for years and they are chasing that elusive first premiership together!

torana355 said:
If true its great we are keeping Foran but losing Trex would be a big loss, especially if we lose Snake to the Roosters aswell.

It's not a job lot, we can only sign them one at a time. If Foran is retained we are doing well, and that can only help in negotiations with all the others.

The are really still guessing. All these predictions are possible. So the article is Just a rehash of the same rubbish day in day out.

Brett could go. He could stay. Lusaick could go he could stay. Ballin could go or stay. Maybe I could get a job with these clowns. They need to go and get a new topic to focus on. Maybe the good work that same footy players do. Or cover men of league. Talk about the games might be a new angle

Some one needs to tell the journos that the season has started, they are still in preseason mode. The conjecture must have sold papers over the summer. Because they haven't changed there angle

Berkeley_Eagle said:
I really hope he does stay at the Storm, Kudos to 1 club players

Totally agree Berks. Players that have begun their careers, or have had long term careers, or pledge their loyalty to a brand will always be held in much higher regard than club hoppers.

In fact, as I have said before, demographics tend to look after their own once players retire. My example is Beaver will never be without a gig on The Northern Beaches when he retires.

The worst thing anyone could do, is link with Tyran Smith. The example that bloke set was disgusting, and is now a player manager more the worry (Hopoate's in fact). He played for SEVEN clubs, is a 12 year career, was never a fan favorite, and everyone always had apathy for him.

The bloke doesn't have one loyal bone in his body.

I have been having this discussion with many people, from many clubs, and each and every one says the enjoyment for the game is dying, because of all the off field speculation. It takes away from it.

As a Manly fan, I do support Manly, but I also support the boys. Our problem, is we don't know who we'll be supporting day - to - day. Once guys like Hodgkinson and co. signed elsewhere, and Josh Perry said on television he wanted to go back to Newcastle that same year, I lost interest.

Brett Stewart will re-sign with Manly on a 2 year deal early next week, along with Keiran Foran. 2 current players have been told they are free to look for better deals elsewhere, if this plays out then expect Trex to sign another deal with the Premiers as well.

Maybe the merry-go-round of player movements might slow down. At one stage I think in was a contest between players to see who could get the richest deal.

EagleRock40 said:
Brett Stewart will re-sign with Manly on a 2 year deal early next week, along with Keiran Foran. 2 current players have been told they are free to look for better deals elsewhere, if this plays out then expect Trex to sign another deal with the Premiers as well.

Hopefully you are right.

Though it would be a shame to lose two of our boys!

I wonder if Cronk will hold two press conferences..... One for each new Storm contract he signs.

bones said:
I wonder if Cronk will hold two press conferences..... One for each new Storm contract he signs.

Does the ATO qualify as the 1st Party Deal holder in all the Storm Player Contracts :D

I wonder how many contracts he signed this time around.....F@rk me, where did that boat come from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7