Croker and Austin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker was brought to tears in the '10 semis. Missing a potential match winner against the Tigers.
"Oh, the Humanity...."
The miss haunted him for some time.

Maybe Austin's pushing for the
Canberra Colonels.
image.jpg

Mateo, Starling and Ballin had just as much chance to stop him. That try was embarrasing.
Yeah the Starling grab was the most embarrassing one. Mateo made first up contact, but a big guy getting stepped on his inside like that is quite common; Starling had a decent grab at him and just went in soft. Josh did have another strong game though, so not all bad from him.

Or the Kim Hughes of the NRL

Kim Hughes was actually a very good cricketer, the problem was that he was never suited to the captaincy role.

Hughes became the first West Aussie to captain the test team when he stood in for the injured Graham Yallop in the second test against Pakistan in 1977/78 (this was at the time when a number of established players had jumped to World Series Cricket). We won the test and he kept the captaincy for the 1979 World Cup. Then peace broke out between the ACB and WSC and Greg Chappell was made captain with Hughes the vice-captain. He took over as captain in 1983, but was never really comfortable in the role. There were contract dramas with the ACB, and some of his team mates actually made public comments that Rod Marsh should be the captain. After Marsh retired in 1984, Hughes relinquished the captaincy to Allan Border.

Then in 1985 he almost committed career suicide by leading a rebel tour of South Africa.

Last edited:
There is something disturbing about Austin's appearance.

I think the closest simile I can come up with is the feeling I get when watching the news and the coverage of marriage equality begins and you get footage of two men in tuxedos completing their marriage vows and having a big pash.

Yeah Austin has some arrogance about him, but I wouldnt say no as a replacement for Foz.

In a team like Manly, Austin could be a superstar. Anyway that aint going to happen.

I actually feel a little sorry for crocker. He has been arguably canberra most consistent player over the last 5 years, stuck in a team that doesnt know how to close out tight games.

i can't tell if Croker is constantly constipated or on the verge of crying, he looks like he is going to break out in tears.

Austin looks like a cross dressing garden gnome or a gay Viking, it's incredibly distracting trying to watch football and seeing these two clowns
Funniest post I've read in years - it's funny 'cause it's true - gold!

When Lake Baustin crossed for his try yesterday, my brother-in-law proclaimed him the buy of the year (he is a Snot Machine supporter). I said I thought he was one of these mercurial types who will flash across the NRL skies for a couple of years and then crash and burn. Or at least start smouldering after a bingle or two. The opposition works them out and they don't have the temperament for prolonged success in RL. Think Fairfax, Ben Barba and that big dreadlocked dude at Penrith who hangs around South Steyne.

Baustin might have won them the game yesterday, if he looked to pass more often. And they might have won a few more close ones this year, if he was prepared to look for his supports.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6