Crocker's monumental moment... apparently

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter

The first few paragraphs from an article on Foxsports.

MICHAEL Crocker finally owns it. His moment. That precious snapshot defining a man for the rest of his life.

"It's definitely all there in that Brett Stewart tackle," Melbourne hero Clint Newton said. "Commitment, passion - just an act of sheer dominance."

Years from now, when their grandchildren are asking about crazy old Mick, Storm premiership players will simply pull out a tape of last Sunday's decider - then fast forward to the 44th minute.

This tackle wasn't just by Crocker. It was Crocker.

I saw the headline, photo that went with it. tried to hold down the vomit and decided not to purchase the paper

I have to agree that it was a moment that defines Crocker: a cheap, cowardly thug who happily took an opportunity to smash an elbow/forearm into the head of a fellow player when he was at his most defenceless. The whole thing makes me sick. The NRL talks about protecting kickers and players in mid-air, but a split-second later they're apparently fair game. And now we have to swallow the crap that it was perfectly legitimate, no malice intended, etc. It was coached: that's why Inglis kept putting them up. Fair enough, it's a part of the game, but you still have to keep it below the neck, don't you?

i wrote a response to the on-line article on this.

doubt it will get published though.

Crocker is a thug

ok Crocker is just Crocker, not condoning what he did but i certainly wasnt shocked by it,

Should have been a penalty, the Ref stuyffed up, ill also move on from that.

What i wont move on from is the FACT that our bloody soft forward pack, didnt get square, in a grand final with nothing to lose.

I know the gamje has changed but Crocker played his hand and got away with it.

Please tell me what Ian Roberts/Spud/Cement/Ward etc etc would have done to Crocker next time he had the ball had they been on the field.

Kites a great player, but too soft when some mongrel is required. King... well enough beens said on here...

it was when that moment didnt fire us up that i realised we didnt have what it took to win a GF

Yep, I was hoping someone would take his head off with a shoulder just to even it up.

does anyone have the sequential photos of the incident or the footage?

Found it

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lX8KYos57g0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lX8KYos57g0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkjKbe2irdc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NkjKbe2irdc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Never had his eye on the ball!

Should have been penalised

The ways the NRL "grade" tackles is:

Careless
Reckless
Malicious

Does anyone genuinely believe that the Crocker tackle does not fit any of those three categories?

I'd personally go for malicious.

What a joke that clown should of been sent off or binned and got 6 weeks.

There is know doubt that play was meant to take stewy out of the game.

Just watched that. That is dead-set fore-arm to the head.

Something like that should get 6 weeks.

Fact is we played **** and would have lost anyway, what i am annoyed about is that Crocker went unpunished and infact was rewarded by being picked for Australia.

He should have been pinged for it

It seemed an obvious plan to me, because that backed up the thuggery with another 2 in quick sucession once Robertson was at the back

The needle is still jabbing the arm over that hit

The ways the NRL \"grade\" tackles is:

Careless
Reckless
Malicious

Does anyone genuinely believe that the Crocker tackle does not fit any of those three categories?

I'd personally go for malicious.

None of the above.

You blokes are deadset kidding. If it had been one of our pussycat forwards who had put on a hit like that you blokes would be hailing him a hero.

it is the responsibility of the attacker not to make contact with the head. Plain and simple, whether Stewart was falling or not is of no matter.

It was careless if nothing else

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6