Credit where it is due

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
The Broncos were white hot last night.

Any team that makes no errors for 35 minutes and only 3 in a game is going to win.

On top of that everything they touched turned to gold, every pass stuck, deflections went their way. It was just heir night.

We had less than 40% possession and were one pass away from 20-16 against this team, we were right in it after 45 minutes with absolutely no right to be.

After that fatigue got the better of us and they ran away with it.

If Stewart caught that ball from foran we were only down by 4 and all over them.
I agree broncs were lucky and so good at home. I saw enough last night in the first 15 mins of the second half to keep faith. A few things:
* We might not make the top 4 but we will have a crack at top 8 for sure.
* Hodges has to be in the 17 and play at least 30 mins.
*We need Lawrence back and drop lui or Sao.
* Lyon injury might be a blessing in disguise. Least tom t will get a start.
* dce and foran were carving them us early second half and will only be better for the run together. Our backline movements and second man plays were slick.
* we need to sign a few more forwards for next year to me competitive. Sao burgess lui are not first graders.

We had less than 40% possession and were one pass away from 20-16 against this team
Bennett summed it up when he said 3 or 4 of their tries were lucky. That is true, yet they earned their good luck with tremendous enthusiasm and skill.
If Foran passes a second or two earlier we are coming to get them ... even though they are leading the comp, playing fantastically and at their home ground.

I was disappointed with the score and result but not with the team. Believe it or not!

In fact out of the whole game the only time I remember cursing one of our players was when Foran delayed his pass as Brett was flying past. I might be wrong but I saw that as Foran's error more than Brett's.

The donkeys weren't in the game. They were being given points for knocking on in their own half. I'm pretty sure they added 12 on at hakf time.
It would be nice to see the players have a say in the game.
I hope they get flooded.

Bennett summed it up when he said 3 or 4 of their tries were lucky. That is true, yet they earned their good luck with tremendous enthusiasm and skill.
If Foran passes a second or two earlier we are coming to get them ... even though they are leading the comp, playing fantastically and at their home ground.

I was disappointed with the score and result but not with the team. Believe it or not!

In fact out of the whole game the only time I remember cursing one of our players was when Foran delayed his pass as Brett was flying past. I might be wrong but I saw that as Foran's error more than Brett's.

What about when Jorge threw that pass on the 1st tackle 20 metres out over Ballins head and they scored. I don't think I've sworn like that ever. Lucky the tv didn't have a hole in it.

Snake is the best fullback in the game in my opinion. He has to catch it. He should have been a few steps wider. Foran made the break drew the fullback and passes it his way. I don't care how bad the pass is Brett catches that 99%

Just bad luck that we played a top of the table side this week rather than a mid field team.

With the boys on a high after the DCE re-signing a win over a average team would have been a great way to build into the second half of the season.

If Stewart caught that ball from foran we were only down by 4 and all over them.
I agree broncs were lucky and so good at home. I saw enough last night in the first 15 mins of the second half to keep faith. A few things:
* We might not make the top 4 but we will have a crack at top 8 for sure.
* Hodges has to be in the 17 and play at least 30 mins.
*We need Lawrence back and drop lui or Sao.
* Lyon injury might be a blessing in disguise. Least tom t will get a start.
* dce and foran were carving them us early second half and will only be better for the run together. Our backline movements and second man plays were slick.
* we need to sign a few more forwards for next year to me competitive. Sao burgess lui are not first graders.
Finally some due positivity. 100% agree with this,
I was proud of this teams effort for the first 55 minutes. The fadeout was poor but in hindsight that missed try was a massive turning point. Their tails were up at that point and it killed the lot.
It suggests to me an emotional fadeout meaning much to do with Toovey being gone.

He has to catch it. He should have been a few steps wider. Foran made the break drew the fullback and passes it his way. I don't care how bad the pass is Brett catches that 99%
My impression was Mateo put Foran through with a great ball, Foran shot through well but soon his lack of speed was apparent.
Snake caught up in a few strides but the longer Foran had the ball the more the cover was closing in.
Snake kept up his acceleration so maybe he was expecting the pass a fraction earlier, as was I watching it unfold. The pass ended up behind him.
The last time I recall Brett dropping a ball in that situation was in the 2009 World Club Challenge!

The Boncos got the first five penalties. Manly's first came in the 50th minute.
But, let's face it, we are a team of fading stars who no longer have the pace or aggression to compete at the elite level.
Let's go through the team that played last night. Apart from DCE and Jake Turbojet which of them will be better players next year?

Broncos were really on last night, just goes to show what enthusiasm can do for your game. They were upbeat in attack, coming off their line in defence with positive intent, their kick chase was 1st rate and in numbers and their pressure on our kicking game left us for dead in that department. I didn't think we played that badly compared to some other efforts this year, but Broncos were just too good. They would have beaten most sides last night with that mixture of desire sprinkled with some luck.

Also, I must add that we did a hell of a lot of defence last week against the Cows, combined with a 6 day turn-around & 2 trips to QLD - that must take its toll.

What about when Jorge threw that pass on the 1st tackle 20 metres out over Ballins head and they scored. I don't think I've sworn like that ever. Lucky the tv didn't have a hole in it.

Snake is the best fullback in the game in my opinion. He has to catch it. He should have been a few steps wider. Foran made the break drew the fullback and passes it his way. I don't care how bad the pass is Brett catches that 99%
Brett overran it IMO he was too flat with foran

But, let's face it, we are a team of fading stars who no longer have the pace or aggression to compete at the elite level.
Let's go through the team that played last night. Apart from DCE and Jake Turbojet which of them will be better players next year?
Leary I thought again was pretty good

Leary, Hiku, Sao will be better next year.

Burgess, Tafua, Mateo, Symonds, Horo could well improve next year.

I'd like to give the Broncos credit but they're salary cap-cheating (Andrew "The Great Silence" Gee, anyone?), Superleague scumbags and I can't bring myself to do it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6