Credit where credit is due

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With certain young players expecting big pay increases to re sign in 2018 I'm not sure we are going to have the money to chase any more big named recruits.

Agree look at our forwards for next year possibly with other additions:

J Trbojevic
D Lussick
M Taupau
J Buhrer
N Myles
L Brown
A Fonua-Blake
L Knight
N Green
W Meehan
J Hopoate

Great pack of forwards to go into the future with, Myles to teach through his experience, Jake the inspirational leader. It's very exciting.

J Trbojevic
D Lussick
M Taupau
J Buhrer
N Myles
L Brown
A Fonua-Blake
L Knight
N Green
W Meehan
J Hopoate

Great pack of forwards to go into the future with, Myles to teach through his experience, Jake the inspirational leader. It's very exciting.
What is the difference between this pack and next year. Credit is due with results and We did not get them this year, Barrett had more depth than Toovey ever did.

We had the backs mate, just never got them on the paddock fit and firing in their positions..

1 Snake
2 Taufua
3 Matai
4 Turbo
5 Walker
6 Lyon
7 DCE

Not a bad backline when in form.
And when were they last in form? Maybe early 2014, but after two and a half years of rubbish there is only two possible explanations.
1. The players aren't going to regain form and should retire or move on.
2. The players are not responding to the coach.

My suspicion is the older blokes (Lyon, Snake, Matai) fall into category 1 and the younger blokes, well who knows, it could be different week to week.

What is the difference between this pack and next year. Credit is due with results and We did not get them this year, Barrett had more depth than Toovey ever did.[/QUOTE]

Once our forward pack got settled they've more than matched other forward packs! With some players being moved on we are replacing them with younger, more robust, mongrel types in Meehan, Hopoate, AFB etc. The retention of Lawrence will be a plus as a leader for the younger guys along with Myles. I believe our forward pack will be one of the most feared & the envy of most other teams!

J Trbojevic, Myles, Lawrence, Taupau, Lussick, AFB, Buhrer, Knight, Meehan

Green, Hopoate, Leary, Brown, Hookers > Parcell, Koroisau.

Plus 1 or 2 new additions….we’re pretty well set for forwards.

As for our backs…………

Stewart (TBA), Matai (TBA), DCE, T Trbojevic, Taufua, Walker, Wiliame

Wright, B Green (TBA), Godinet, Parker, Isaac John, Satini…….

We definitely need a couple of backs > Linked to Mead, Lolohea, Walsh

Why would you think Mr Plod would improve next season? Are you hoping he plays well to make the Qld SOO again?
We should cut our losses and off-load him. There may be some club in the UK that would pay for his 'experience'.

What is the difference between this pack and next year. Credit is due with results and We did not get them this year, Barrett had more depth than Toovey ever did.

Once our forward pack got settled they've more than matched other forward packs! With some players being moved on we are replacing them with younger, more robust, mongrel types in Meehan, Hopoate, AFB etc. The retention of Lawrence will be a plus as a leader for the younger guys along with Myles. I believe our forward pack will be one of the most feared & the envy of most other teams!

J Trbojevic, Myles, Lawrence, Taupau, Lussick, AFB, Buhrer, Knight, Meehan

Green, Hopoate, Leary, Brown, Hookers > Parcell, Koroisau.

Plus 1 or 2 new additions….we’re pretty well set for forwards.

As for our backs…………

Stewart (TBA), Matai (TBA), DCE, T Trbojevic, Taufua, Walker, Wiliame

Wright, B Green (TBA), Godinet, Parker, Isaac John, Satini…….

We definitely need a couple of backs > Linked to Mead, Lolohea, Walsh[/QUOTE]
Great list of names imagine what Bellamy would of got out of this squad. No use having the horses in the stable if they don't get on to the track and perform

J Trbojevic
D Lussick
M Taupau
J Buhrer
N Myles
L Brown
A Fonua-Blake
L Knight
N Green
W Meehan
J Hopoate

I agree we have some very good forwards in the team. But be careful of the names you mentions. A lot of them have never played First Grade or played very few games. My take using the grade system of:
A - Current or Future Super Star
B - Top Forward
C- Solid Forward
D - Solid Depth or Unknown
E - Emergency Depth
F - Shouldn't see the field

J Trbojevic - A
D Lussick - B
M Taupau - B
J Buhrer - C
N Myles - C
L Brown - D
A Fonua-Blake - D
L Knight - D
N Green - D
W Meehan - D
J Hopoate - D

Of the above your last five have played very few games or none at all. Hard to call it a solid forward pack with depth. I still feel we are light on in the forwards. I know most won't agree because lots have already announced that Knight, Meehan and Hopoate will all be great for us next year but honestly, they need to see the field first which they haven't done so far.

i have been one of many to blow up about recruitment of players and staff.

It seems, even though Trent Barrett is still learning the trade, it is clear the players are putting in 100% for him and the club.

Our forward recruitment is shaping up to be top 4 material ( our forwards matched the Bulldogs pack last week ) Api Koraisau 57 tackles plus the rest of the boys

Yes letting go of Gutherson in order for him to see more first grade, may have been a good or bad idea ( it may be a master stroke in 2 years time ) and Hiku etc

It looks like we are heading in the right direction :)

It has been a messy year, but the boys and club made me honoured to be a sea eagle supporter with that performance last week against the Dogs

We will never know if the previous football department would have made the SNAP cleanout and forward recruitment decisions

But it looks like Bob fulton is building one heck of a pack of forwards with DEPTH

Bring on 2017
Thanks Scott. Do you think we will finish above tooves team on the ladder this year.......

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8