1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Credit (to players) where Credit due

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by ALinda, May 6, 2012.

1. ALinda

ALinda Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +979 / 5
    Just want to give credit to all the players who came around the fence today and hi-fived us, acknowledging our support. Every player (except Buhrer for some reason?) led by Rosey and ending with Matty Ballin (as always) hi-fived us.

I was thinking after this thrill it was one of the best after-match celebrations we've had at Brookie in a long time. Thanks guys, appreciate it. :)

(Thought it a bit strange not to have an official player's awards/interview/signing at the club afterwards but guessing they need to get ready for the Broncos.)

2. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    Good on the boys for going around the field thanking the fans. it really means alot to the kids too.

The players now have pool recovery sessions after the match. Its so important for the next match too.

awards/signing etc straight after the game was tough espicially if they lost. also a few players said they didnt get to relax and eat till very late

3. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    The boys are always great with the fans. Always a highlight at end of the game.

4. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Made my little boys day, the look of awe on his face when snake gave him an almighty high five was good enough, but then Gifty doubled back to high five him after missing him - and Balin too (He always makes the extra effort a real good man). To quote my boy "Daddy this was my bestest day" I know some may not appreciate the impact this has on little kids, but they remember being included and when they feel excluded. And based on the way my little tank is built you just may be looking at a future rep prop so rather him playing for us than them.

One and all a credit to the team and club. Dammit keep em all! That is what football is about the joy on my boys face...

5. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    Steak and chops for the little bruiser vfth....

6. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    True story - he was asked what his favourite vegetable was at day care his response "Chops"

7. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,795 / 58
    Good to read a top story.

Go Manly!

• Like Like x 1