CREDIT TO PENN & KELLY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To put things in prospective

For all those wanting Kelly to get the shaft.
This is not as open cut as some might think.
As Mick has said this whole thing is a miner issue.
We have dug ourselves into a hole but a seismic shift will unearth positives.
So long as we stockpile a few forwards & not recruit the tailings we will be OK.
You know the drill.

Ken Arthurson The Godfather : '
"The whole structure of the place needs to be looked at. The time has come where they have to look at getting additional players and Bob knows the ones we need and he'll get them."

Arthurson said Manly's chief executive Joe Kelly seemed "very capable" and acknowledged he'd inherited the problems now plaguing Manly."

Kelly did inherit problems, Zorba and the mess he had made in the playing group going against each other and turning players against 2v. The Penns have sat back and let him do it.
At the end of the day Kelly has to do as his told and even if he knows its wrong he has to tow the line. I feel a bit sorry for kelly. I think he came here with good intentions. He is learning that there is a few things you cant say to a spoilt little rich boy who has been given every thing he wants in his life. NO and you are WRONG

Last edited:
Zorba has been 70% of the problem at the club. Him, Dean Ritchie & Ritchies countless news ltd hacks were relentless in white anting the previous administration from the day Zorba was let go. He is an ego maniac that loves to think he is in the inner sanctum "In the know". You only have to listen to his dribble on 2ky on a sunday morning. Last weekend he said "I can't believe players that slap each other on the back when they make a mistake, it is like the bloke just kicked a goal to win them the game sometimes, but its only someone congratulating old butter fingers himself" he is so out of touch it is laughable. He is a dinosaur that would be happy to ride the club into the ground as long as he is the only guy that knows whats going on. Des knew this and it is why he brought him in close (Keep your enemy's closer) Des knew he was leaving when Zorba got sacked and thats why he didn't bother going into bat for the bloke. Zorba can't help himself but spill confidential information when he is asked a question by a journo because it makes him feel like he knows something they don't it makes him feel relevant. He is bitter and twisted old man when it comes to perceived loyalty and would let this get in the way of success. He is so lucky he has rich relatives or he would have been a nobody. Kelly probably would have re-signed DCE but blokes like Zorba stifle all his work. I don't blame Kelly I blame his masters.

Whilst i am at it, I have never actually seen Penn ever be able to negotiate and keep someone. He obviously never wants to pay overs for people to get them, He was in charge of re-signing Des and he failed massively too. The bloke obviously hates to think someone is making money off him. That is not good when you are going down our path, because without a successful roster you always have to pay overs to attract players. He is a real worry.

Don't get your argument as the NRL supply the salary cap monies and the Sponsors are there to make up the rest with the TPA

Don't get your argument as the NRL supply the salary cap monies and the Sponsors are there to make up the rest with the TPA
Believe me, Penn would see outgoing monies from the club as outgoing monies from his pocket, I haven't met a rich man yet who doesn't think that way. He see's NRL handouts as his generated revenue from TV rights. Why couldn't we get a rich greek car yard billionaire that lives for his club and spends on it, instead of the useless white ant greek we have.

For all those wanting Kelly to get the shaft.
This is not as open cut as some might think.
As Mick has said this whole thing is a miner issue.
We have dug ourselves into a hole but a seismic shift will unearth positives.
So long as we stockpile a few forwards & not recruit the tailings we will be OK.
You know the drill.
What have the miners got to do with it? Leave them out of it.

Joe Kelly's claim to fame is working at Chealsea and returning them to an EPL powerhouse. He was also instrumental in Souths return to form so he clearly must know what it takes to build a team. My only concern is that neither of these teams operate under a salary cap and both have very wealthy backers. Does he know how to build / rebuild a team operating under a salary cap?
I'm not doubting him or knocking him by any means, simply concerned that he may not have the right experience needed to rebuild under a strict salary cap.

Joe Kelly's claim to fame is working at Chealsea and returning them to an EPL powerhouse. He was also instrumental in Souths return to form so he clearly must know what it takes to build a team. My only concern is that neither of these teams operate under a salary cap and both have very wealthy backers. Does he know how to build / rebuild a team operating under a salary cap?
I'm not doubting him or knocking him by any means, simply concerned that he may not have the right experience needed to rebuild under a strict salary cap.

Joe worked at Chelsea?!?!?!? I didn't know that. He kept that well hidden.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7