Creativity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we make the GF this year and win it and Orford plays a big part in that. Then what will people be saying i wonder ?. He is our no 7 we cant change that at this time were leading the comp by two points.

Go Manly Go Orford

Lyon has warmed to the 5/8 role and seems to be taking some of the pressure off Orford. I also think we have been hitting holes better and running better angles (even Bell has stopped the crab impersonation) to provide more options. Seemed early on, all we had was the second man play to Stewey behind the decoy runner. Now we have Lyon, G Stewart, Beaver and Cuthbo all doing a bit of ball playing. I'm not convinced that Orford is out of the woods and can produce his best under pressure, and his offensive kicking game still needs work, but at the moment things are definitely on the improve.

Let's face it, before you can be creative you need to set the platform. Kite and Perry have been huge in this department the last month, and now with King back hopefully we can keep dominating teams up front. That's all we need to do and that'll give Orford time and space to move. The forwards have created the opportunity for the backs to shine, if that continues we'll go a long way to winning this thing.

Wow. I lost the plot in this thread.

We had a slow start, but the combinations have really come together now and we're looking like a more cohesive unit. Ox has been excellent recently, but most importantly there are plenty of other players who are creating things now. Brett, Ballin, L'Estrange, GlennS, Beaver, Killer all have their moments when they can create space and open up gaps. Killer in particular has really lifted his game.

We're playing very good footy at the moment. Big test against the Storm in a few weeks to see if we can do it against the only team that matters though (Sharks aren't a top 4 side even with Bird, they're pretenders without him). Only the Storm and Roosters should have a chance of beating us, and we're a much better team than the Roosters.

As C & C touched on..

The reasons why our season is going well so far is the fact that g Stewart, Beaver, Choc, Cuthbo, Bell are now hitting holes at speed.

I believe another factor is our second phase football. Cuthbo, Beaver, G Stewart and Josh Perry have been HUGE in this department.

Josh Perry has been sensational for us. I think the buy of the year.

Nutzcraw link said:
The reasons why our season is going well so far is the fact that g Stewart, Beaver, Choc, Cuthbo, Bell are now hitting holes at speed.

Don't say that, Matabele will say it was all Monas fault  ::)

The problem with re-hashing threads is that every team goes through ups and downs, so the comments may have been valid at the time, but are completely different now.

Take Lyon for example. Everyone was totally riding him last season and the start of this one when playing 5/8.

What are peoples thought's now?

Ryan link said:
The problem with re-hashing threads is that every team goes through ups and downs, so the comments may have been valid at the time, but are completely different now.

Take Lyon for example. Everyone was totally riding him last season and the start of this one when playing 5/8.

He's doing alright & has obviouly clicked into this position.

Ryan link said:

That's why good coaches plan for the future and look at the big picture, not just the week to week picture.

That's why we are forum coaches and not NRL coaches  ;)

I don't mind saying again I don't think Orford is the half to get us the crown jewels, so we'll have to rely another ways to get there.  Orford lacks creativity, full stop.  Last week at Shark Park the attack in their ten metres was not good.  It seemed to me that we scored the tries from the thirty metre mark when players, other than Orford, could get into action.  When Orford has the ball in hand in the attacking ten we seem to go nowhere.   

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6