Craig Gower

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
A report on MMM that Craig Gower is ready to switch back to league after 3 years of Union & is apparently being chased by Canberra & Parra
should Manly ?

yes.

7.dce
6.gower
13.foran

old head to guide dce.foran is not a great ball player,he is a punishing tackler and good ballrunner and should be our version of dallas johnson.

doubt we could compete with parra if what they offered cooper is true so probably not worth talking about.

No, Gower lost more games than he won at Penriff with his poor option taking and lousy kicking.  No more dwarfs!!!

he is an international who won a gf with penrith.the same arguments against carney were mounted here and he won the dally M.

foran is not a topline 6 or 7 and never will be.get him into the pigs.he is the strongest bloke in the club at 21.

I forgot to add..... an old dwarf.  Besides Carney is young and smart, Gower, old and stupid.  We need to hang in with DCE and Foran, give them a  go for longer than five minutes. 
Susan, If you like Gower, why not make a play for Anasta?  That would make more sense. 

because anasta plays second row now and should have played lock his whole carreer.was never a great ball player IMO but good skillful backrower.

The main reason i want him is because he can guide DCE around.everyone couldnt wait to tee off on TH after 10 games so god knows how long before they turn DCE when he is trying to guide us around the park with another 21 year old outside him.halves take years to develop ffs.

two year contract at most to give the kid direction.he is a different player to orford.more of an organiser and would suit us.THAT IS ASSUMING HE IS FIT.if he has been dining at the same joints as georgie then no way.

do you have a thing about high performance dwarfs or something.

as i have said many times.a 40 nil GF win and the dally M wasnt enough for you blokes,TH got 10 games before he was branded as hopeless, so god help DCE.

I never bagged Hodkinson.  And Gower is a well known idiot.  I've nothing against dwarfs.  And I'd take issue with your assertion that Gower is a superior 'organizer'.  It seemed to me he becomes flustered in attack, could always be relied upon to kick out on the full, and take stupid ill-considered options in attack.  Playing union for three years isn't, in my way of thinking, good enough grounds to pay him anything.   

I actually dont mind the idea and agree with what Susan is saying.

Especially about Anasta, he was never a 5/8 he was a lock come 5/8 which seemed to be all the rage a few years back.

Bring Gower in on the cheap ($55k) and have him teach DCE and take some pressure of DCE.

1 year if it isnt working punt him, if it is let him go around another year

We already have Tooves and Hasler. Both more than capable of giving any young half the direction and coaching they need.

If you guys think DCE is going to hit the ground running and will lead us to a premiership - you are kidding.
DCE will be a good player but it will take time (short term loss for a long term gain). So any help to bring him along quicker is good for him.
Yeah if Manly can pick him up cheap. I think Gower & Killer would be a great pairing - Foran in the Centres/Lock & DCE off the bench. 

WAMF link said:
We already have Tooves and Hasler. Both more than capable of giving any young half the direction and coaching they need.

There is direction from the sideline and there is direction on the park.

nothing teaches a kid by watching a mentor run a line in a real match and seeing him bark out orders. It gives him something to aspire to and model himself off of, rather than instructions and interpretations in his head

NUUUHUUUU....!!

I don't want him.. He's old and in my opinion, we don't need him!
DCE & Foran have had a partnership that worked for years.. So giving them time to develop in 1st grade, i thinks the go!

& Good point WAMF!

CliffyIsGod link said:
He is a drop-kick to boot. Penruff scum.

Des came to us from Penrith. Does that mean that he is scum too?

Jethro link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=185433.msg296686#msg296686 date=1285108422]

[/quote]

Nice

Jethro link said:
[quote author=CliffyIsGod link=topic=185433.msg296686#msg296686 date=1285108422]

[/quote]

And Shane Rodney did too

Why would Gower come back to league next year when he will have the opportunity to play in the rugby World Cup for Italy? Just rumours probably.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4