Craig Bellamy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Bennett retires expect the broncos to throw millions at Bellamy.

Lets see how he goes when Cronk and Smith retire.
Those 2 are a coaches dream. Probably 2 of the best footy brains the game has ever seen. Plus super intense about winning
Correct @Pablo these 2 are so intense out there on the field. It's almost as if they're fighting each other to order the team around they're are super competitive. Cronk is the ultimate competitor, a few years ago instead of relaxing in the off season on some pacific island he chose to go altitude training with an AFL team. That's the passion we need not someone who is obsessed with his bank account balance.

Bellamy is a brilliant, driven, innovator but I dislike his values. His success highlights the downside of professional sport.
He is first and foremost a filthy cheat profiting from that cheating to this day. He would do anything to win and cares not whether it is legal or in the spirit of the game. He & his type are a blight on the game and the NRL will be a better place when he is gone.

I don't think that he does turn ordinary players into superstars proven by the superstar players who have left the team for other clubs and become ordinary/patchy. What he does is ensures every player out on the field is busting their ass. What them play, no one stands around, every single player is fired up waiting to capitalise on any scrap that might come their way. Much of their success is opportunistic and you are going to get a certain degree of success if you grasp every opportunity. The guy is a prize douche bag and has introduced a huge amount of rubbish into the game in general however he knows how to motivate a team very well

I don't think that he does turn ordinary players into superstars proven by the superstar players who have left the team for other clubs and become ordinary/patchy. What he does is ensures every player out on the field is busting their ass. What them play, no one stands around, every single player is fired up waiting to capitalise on any scrap that might come their way. Much of their success is opportunistic and you are going to get a certain degree of success if you grasp every opportunity. The guy is a prize douche bag and has introduced a huge amount of rubbish into the game in general however he knows how to motivate a team very well

Agree with most of your post. Craig gives people a defined role that they understand and can fill. He only employees people withheld right attitude, who then get taught the skills and structure needed for them to be successful. Then they train until they know it backwards.
He is a great manager, but a prick of a innovator in regards to his cheating / wrestling.

He runs his team at it's peak all year and come finals time they don't have gears to go up to match the other teams.

They beat the Sharks last night, whose only win in a month was against the Roosters. Brisbane, who hit the turbo button for the finals, dusted them the week before.

The Cowboys will beat them next week and they'll be at risk of going out in two, like they did last year.

He & his type are a blight on the game and the NRL will be a better place when he is gone.
Infortunately it will be worse, not better, by the time he leaves. The nrl effectively condone his approach which means many bellamy disciples are being spawned.

Anyone see the Storm Sharks game last night? Storm put on a first class lesson on how to play footy ... I'd back them against pretty much any team bar Queensland (where they'd have a decent shot).

Ignore the lesson at your peril!

i can see what our old recruitment saw in him

very powerfull ball/line runner

The Toovey Team?

I wish Toovey had Fulton here, and I am not bagging Trent. It would have been right, Maroon and White blood determined to make the club great and not worried about their own careers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6