1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cowgirls

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Just come back from Dairy Farmers Stadium, Townsville. Can't see that we'd be intimidated by the Cows there. The Raiders were woeful but still nearly won, if not for some dreadful errors from the ref.

The place has zero atmosphere and the crowd are a long way from the action. Give me Brookie for atmosphere any day.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    The atmosphere sounded woeful we watched a bit on TV and we actually were talking about how flat it sounded

3. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    I thought we played at brookie.

4. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    My wife's from Townsville and supports the Cows so I see a lot of their matches. Dallas Johnson and to a lesser extent Glenn Hall have made a difference to their pack. It's amazing what a difference a bloke who can tackle can make:)

5. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Yes, Johnson plugs a lot of leaks but was injured doing so last night. Bad for my dream team but I won't complain ig he misses two weeks.

6. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    i have been there 7 times for one lousy win.the ground is miles away from town and is awash with card carrying serial killers.hate the joint with a passion and we rarely win there.

7. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,748 / 258
    We did last year Susan (in a nailbiter), and I think we might as well this year (hopefully NOT in a nail biter).

The ground is a LONG way from the city, which is why you join the MWTS trip and we not only give you a ticket to the game BUT get you out there and back...safely!!

AND to be fair...it's North Queensland and things are pretty laid back up there.

8. susan

susan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,045 / 30
    i might have to take you up on that Mark.i think i have been to every game we have lost up there.maybe im better staying away!!

9. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,748 / 258
    Yes I am 1 from 5 myself...so haven't faired much better than you.

But I can certainly say it's safer joining our trip than going on your own...more fun as well!

10. Mybludog

Mybludog Active Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0
    1 from 1 for me.

Hopefully 2 from 2 after Rd8