Cowboys v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles R8 Teams and Chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I just heard on Fox that Manly have the worst record out of any team to play at Dairy Farmers.That cant be right can it? I remember copping quite a few losses several years back when we were at our worst.

sydsider66 said:
I just heard on Fox that Manly have the worst record out of any team to play at Dairy Farmers.That cant be right can it? I remember copping quite a few losses several years back when we were at our worst.
From the article above:
"In the eight games played in Townsville the spoils are shared four all – and amazingly both teams have scored exactly 186 points!"

Brett himself posted this on Footy Social around the time Manly announced he wasn't playing:

"Making a decision tomorrow on playing or not sat. How depressing is the weather?"

So I think he's good to play but it's not worth the risk to fly him to Townsville and wait for the Monday night game in rd9, giving him 10 days to get completely fit.

Brett or no Brett i can't wait for this game. I think it will be a close one with the Mighty Eagles getting over the line. Boys have been playing great.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Brett confirmed as out but will be playing at brookie the next weekend

LATE MAIL: Brett Stewart is being rested this Saturday night against the Cowboys bit WILL be back wearing the #1 jersey at Brookvale against the Raiders. We can't wait to see him back!

I think everyone is reading a bit much into the girls form. Their three game winning streak was against an injury ravaged Cronulla, the bottom of the table Canberra and the almost bottom of the ladder Gold Coast & along the way they managed to lose to Parramatta & the Warriors.

I agree our form isn't much better, but beating a full strength Cronulla at home and a Warriors side the subsequently beat the scum in scumland is better form.

If we play the way we have the past few weeks we will win.

Top 4 spot if we win & Lowes announcement should be plenty of incentive, expecting huge games from our front row

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Top 4 spot if we win & Lowes announcement should be plenty of incentive, expecting huge games from our front row

From my calculations if we win this weekend it'll be the club's 800th victory.

We were up to 794 by the end of last season. (that's from the Rugby League Annual compiled by David Middleton)

eagles2win said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

From my calculations if we win this weekend it'll be the club's 800th victory.

We were up to 794 by the end of last season. (that's from the Rugby League Annual compiled by David Middleton)

nice stat

Matches Played
Won
Lost
Drawn
Points For
Points Against
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/teams/Manly_Warringah_Sea_Eagles/records.html

Middlton excludes the Beagles years but I think the club includes them in their records?

Cowboys confront toughest test
MICHAEL THOMPSON | April 30th, 2011
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2011/04/30/227401_sport.html

THE Melbourne Storm fell by the wayside, so did the Gold Coast Titans and the season of woe continued for the Canberra Raiders.

These defeats at the hands of the North Queensland Cowboys at Dairy Farmers Stadium were reasons enough for Cowboys coach Neil Henry to cast a satisfied smile.

But try getting him to smile when an opposition team sheet includes the names of Anthony Watmough, Brett Stewart and Steve Matai.

Henry has little doubt that tonight's clash with the Many Warringah Sea Eagles will be their toughest at Dairy Farmers to date and he'll be expecting his troops to give their all for 80 minutes of hard-hitting footy.

"It's probably going to be our biggest test at home so far this year," he said.

"They're a side that's got some momentum and three wins in a row the same as us, so I think it's going to be one of those games we expect to have to play the full 80 minutes.

"It's something we haven't done this year yet, although we had to hang on in round one (against Brisbane) for 80 minutes that's for sure.

"And last week, albeit for a 10-minute period, I thought we were really good."

Henry said if progress was anything to go by, tonight could be the game that sees the Cowboys play a full game. But with Manly's halves pairing of Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans showing some serious click, 80 minutes will almost have to be a necessity.

"We're getting there but this side (Manly) has a high completion rate, they're a very good defensive side and they've got some attacking flair," he said.

"It's shaping up to be a really good battle between two teams that are fourth and fifth in the competition on equal points, it's just about the match of the round."

A win for the Cowboys tonight will add further strength to their standing inside the competition's top four. But for Henry a win will go beyond just two points.

"It's important we win at home and we've been able to do that in our last three," he said. "It'd be good to get four wins out of five and move into the Dragons game."

The Cowboys are expected to play the same team that defeated the Cronulla Sharks 30-12 last weekend but Henry still retained an extended five-man bench as of yesterday.

The odds are drifting further, suggests the money is going on the Cowboys for this one....will be a great test for our boys.....Brisbane looked pretty good last night, they are getting better...we need to as well!!

Clear skies up there as well....I didn't make it this weekend as have some family committments (christening) first thing in the morning...there's only a small group this time but am sure they'll still do their best to make noise.

Ditto, wish I could be there but can't...but don't worry the dedicated MWTS crew will make their presence felt

dont Press the
mzl.loewcgyg.175x175-75.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8